Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire vs Leicester Barnt Green
Leicester batting first were all out for 258. Choudry 3 wickets, Miller 2, tahir 2, Anyon 1, Best 1 and a runout.

Warwicks in reply are 134/3 losing Johnson, Webb and Lewis. James ord and Javid are the not out batsmen. According to my source they are both in their 20s.

Some good news for Navdeep Poonia. Hes not out, but he hasn't actually come in yet...
Had a great day today another century from Ateeq Javid, very mature innings for one so young. We had a 1st innings lead of 108 and Paul best had taken 1 wicket at the close of play, so good luck tomorrow the pitch is turning so very hopeful of another win.
wish i could go tomorrow but cant get out of work [Image: sad-smiley-020.gif]
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Yes it was a very nice day. Lovely ground and setting.
Warwickshire were all out for 366 Ord 56, Javed 142, Best 42, Tahir finished not out on 30. I reply Leicester in their second innings finished on 42/1 Come on Naqqy bowl them out tomorrow.
Javid seems like a decent prospect. I know a mate who played against him and says he was head and shoulders above the rest.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

(25-06-2009, 08:35 PM)DD BEAR Wrote: Javid seems like a decent prospect. I know a mate who played against him and says he was head and shoulders above the rest.

Quite the opposite - hes tiny.

He was angry to be out for 142 which is a good sign. But his dismissal cleared the way for a quite magnificent 20 not out from Tahir which was the key innings of the day. This was followed by two overs of devastating swing and seam that simply demanded a return to first team action. Come on Ashley, you know it makes sense.

He doesnt know anythiing about the Kent approach. Yet.

Other highlight was Paul wrestling with a ladiy's bra strap but on that I will say no more.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
(25-06-2009, 08:49 PM)Kim Wrote:
(25-06-2009, 08:35 PM)DD BEAR Wrote: Javid seems like a decent prospect. I know a mate who played against him and says he was head and shoulders above the rest.

Quite the opposite - hes tiny.

He was angry to be out for 142 which is a good sign. But his dismissal cleared the way for a quite magnificent 20 not out from Tahir which was the key innings of the day. This was followed by two overs of devastating swing and seam that simply demanded a return to first team action. Come on Ashley, you know it makes sense.

He doesnt know anythiig about the Kent approach. Yet.

Other highlight was Paul wrestling with a ladiy's bra strap but on that I will say no more.

just knew you would get that in.Rolleyes

I thought Tahir batted really well and it was very interesting while walking around with a former Warwickshire coach what he said to him about him being able to hide his away-swinger and in-swinger. I think he just needs some positive reinforcement to get him going again. Come on Naqqy you can do it!
He is a good bowler. But we will see. Who would he replace?

I've not been at all impressed with Boyd Rankin to be honest and he could also replace Neil Carter. We do need to make changes to our bowling attack in the championship else I fear a relegation battle.
Paul IN !!
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
He is right. Our bowling points are way below par.

Next time he plays Jane needs to be at long leg so she can gee him up.
He is such a great lad he does listen and I wish him all the best. Had a couple of chats with him today, come on Ashley take this young man under your wing and bring out the best of the Naqaash we know.