Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire vs Worcester - C & NW
This is the second day of a four day game. The batting order might not be correct .

Warwickshire 1st innings

N S. Poonia caught arif bowled Russsell 11
J.S. Webb LBW Shantry 41
S.A Piolet LBW Jones 6
J.E Ord bowled Jones 48
+ R. M. Johnson c. Knappett b Arif 27
*R. Clarke bowled Jones 5
S.H Choudry bowled Arif 11
K.H.D. Barker c.Knappett b Arif 108
N. Tahir c Ahmed b. Ali 65
J.E Anyon c. Knappett b Jones 20
A.S Miller not out 14
Getkate did not bat

Extras 38
Score 394 AO

Worcester
Omar Ali c Johnson b Tahir 0
J Manuel Not out 24
D.A. Wheeldon not out 27
score 70/1

J. Shantry is the younger brother of Adam. Omar Ali is of course the younger brother of Moeen. Getkate is a young Irish seamer on trial.
Great to see that Riki performed so well on his comeback!
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

Thanks for scorecard Paul.

Another impressive performance from Barker. Some impressive wicket taking in the 20:20 campaign. Making an impact for a 22 year old all rounder and bowled well in Championship match against Notts. The three young players who have played in the first team have all done well. Miller's bowling impressive against Hampshire. Piolet had a great haul of wickets against Durham UCCE and also bowled very economically in most of the 20:20 matches, with some deceptive slow balls which opposition batsmen just had to respect. His bowling reminded me of Dermot Reeve as well as the New Zealander Chris Harris, taking so much pace off the ball, very impressive for a 20 year old. Hope Piolet can find some form with the bat, as they are giving him a good opportunity at number 3.
(17-06-2009, 11:26 PM)Tall Bear Wrote: Great to see that Riki performed so well on his comeback!
I was wondering when that was going to come TB :001_smile:

I agree about Piolet Ian Bear. There are certain simalarities with Reeve. (Incidently he was at Edgbaston today) Dermot I believe started as a quickish opening bowler for Sussex and developed his batting. I think Piolet was signed by us as a batsman and then they realised he was very decent medium pacer who swings it a lot.