Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire vs Durham
Important game this one and a true test about where we stand. The forecast looks ok for the four days but there could be some rain about on wednesday. Will we go into the game with two spinners! I dont think we should.

Possible side

Westwood
Frost
Bell
Trott
Troughton
Ambrose
Piolet
Woakes
Carter
Tahir
Patel
Might we have Rankin back?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Its possible, but wont he be rested after today. Don't know whether Clarke is fit yet
Shouldnt really need a rest after - if he bowls his stint today - 16 overs in the competition. Think Clarke is still a while away according to Brian.
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Mentally not physically. I dont want him to play if hes not mentally prepared for this game.
Yeah I dont think you could call him back for this game. It might be hard for him to get back into the game.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

Rikki is playing for the seconds tomorrow.
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
Ok Bearsfans..can you help?

Have a friend travelling up for the Durham game, can anyone reccommend somewhere decent and reasonably priced for a 3 possibly 4 day stay?
Also..does anyone know which bus service runs from Snow Hill to the Pershore Road?

Any info would be very much appreciated and i need it asap so i can relay it to them before their journey.

Thanks.
Premier Inn within 3 miles, I believe.

Holiday Inn near New Street Station.

Novotel is about 2 miles away from ground.

Buses check http://www.travelwm.co.uk/

(15-06-2009, 10:12 PM)Val Studley Bear Wrote: Ok Bearsfans..can you help?

Have a friend travelling up for the Durham game, can anyone reccommend somewhere decent and reasonably priced for a 3 possibly 4 day stay?
Also..does anyone know which bus service runs from Snow Hill to the Pershore Road?

Any info would be very much appreciated and i need it asap so i can relay it to them before their journey.

Thanks.

I would just walk to corporation street and catch the 45 or 47
Brilliant..thanks for all that, have just passed the info on.
Happy to help :D

* Westwood ©
* Frost
* Trott
* Troughton
* Bell
* Ambrose (wkt)
* Botha
* Carter
* Woakes
* Patel
* Rankin
Team for tomorrow unless they missed someone out.
Britannia Hotel on New Street will be close to the bus stop, not sure how pricy it is though

http://www.britanniahotels.com/hotels/birmingham
Chris, don't ask why Windy. No please don't. No.

Music: http://trip-tv.blogspot.com/
Me: http://mixing-and-matching.blogspot.com/
Will be there for the morning session :)
Well we're bowling and team is as was announced on the bears web site and the wicket is smack bang in the middle.
Indeed Paul.

Warwickshire: Westwood ©, Frost, J Trott, Troughton, Bell, Ambrose (W), At Botha, N Carter, Woakes, Patel, Rankin

Durham: Di Venuto, Stoneman, W Smith ©, Muchall, Benkenstein, I Blackwell, Mustard (W), Thorp, Breese, Onions, S Harmison

Rankins T20 figures the other day were impressive.
Such a relief to have real cricket to talk about again!

Great bowling display by our lads so far!
(16-06-2009, 02:48 PM)Jon Wrote: Such a relief to have real cricket to talk about again!

Great bowling display by our lads so far!

Real ?

Anyway nice to see we have 4 wickets - an unusaly early bowling point - we had to wait to the 4th day a couple of weeks ago against Notts :thumbup: I hope to make it to Thursdays play.
I think Jon meant "proper" cricket WB.I've just returned from watching the first two sessions & yes it was great to see players in whites again as I didn't make the Notts game.
Thought we bowled well & stuck to our task well.All the bowlers did their jobs.I did wonder why Botha didn't have a bowl until just before tea but we all have our opinions don't we!Really enjoyed it.I may go back for more on Thursday. :001_smile:
ALWAYS A BEAR