Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warwickshire v England
Atiq has two hundreds in his last two second eleven games. I would also say Ord would be ahead of Poonia in thep ecking order, also Piolet, who we may forget is primarily a batsmen. We shouldn't expect too much from Atiq its a massive step up in class, I worry whether they are bringing him in too soon. I think they'll be more than 5,000 for the three days

(30-06-2009, 12:41 PM)Paul Wrote: Atiq has two hundreds in his last two second eleven games. I would also say Ord would be ahead of Poonia in thep ecking order, also Piolet, who we may forget is primarily a batsmen. We shouldn't expect too much from Atiq its a massive step up in class, I worry whether they are bringing him in too soon. I think they'll be more than 5,000 for the three days

Why? Im asking becase I havent seen Ord at all. I get the impression that time is moving on for them both though.

BTw the porky Leics left arm spinner we thought looked good at Barnt Green is playing in the Leics CC side today..

Didnt Bell make his debut at 17 as well - with a pair?
Supporter of the 2014 County Champions
Ord has only just finished at uni and hes only 21. Hes come back into the seconds and got a couple of 50s. Don't know if he'll make it but surely hes got time. What age did Troughton break into the first team? I think we can start writing players off when they reach 24//25 and haven't made it.

(30-06-2009, 01:06 PM)Paul Wrote: Ord has only just finished at uni and hes only 21. Hes come back into the seconds and got a couple of 50s. Don't know if he'll make it but surely hes got time. What age did Troughton break into the first team? I think we can start writing players off when they reach 24//25 and haven't made it.

I think that may be contrary to what the club is trying to do - hence the young second team. The problem in the past has been hanging on to players too long - which blocks places and isnt fair to the players themselves. But fair enough if theyve been at University or something.
Yes I agree but you have to be selective who you get rid of as some players develop later than others.

Lions vs Aus game on sky.

Surprised they not showing England vs Bears game.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

They're charging £25 on the gate for the Lions game. TBF thats a real rip-off compared to what they're for the Warwickshire v England game.

Yes is it 1st class or 12 a side friendly? its £50 for non members family ticket and £25 for members family ticket the same as one adult on the day

MATCH TYPE IN ADVANCE ON THE DAY
Adult Junior Family Adult Junior
LVCC £10 £4 £20 £12 £4
Friends Provident Trophy & NatWest Pro40 £13 £6 £32 £15 £8
Twenty20 £15 £6 £36 £18 £8

England Lions v Australia £20 £10 £50 £25 £12
England Lions v Australia (WCCC Members)
£10 £5 £25 £25 £12
(30-06-2009, 08:48 PM)Paul Wrote: They're charging £25 on the gate for the Lions game. TBF thats a real rip-off compared to what they're for the Warwickshire v England game.

Dont think thats a fair comparison. One is a friendly agaisnt a county side minus its best batsmen.

The other is Englands reserves in a proper 4 day match v the number one side in the world.

Nevertheless the Worcs prices are high. Sussex got it right - reduced prices and made £350,00 from their game v Aussies.

Ill be surprised if either game is very well attended.
Colly thought he was playing a 4 day game against the bears.

England dont even know how many days they are playing. :lol:

i think you will be very suprised dd
and all them supporters moaning about £15 for three days at edgbaston makes me laugh
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Ill be intersted to see how Panesar goes. After being found out as inffective against decent teams, theyve tried to add variation to his game. This has made him ineffective against everyone!!! So hes going back to his old style, with no variation. Aussies must be terrified esp on that spinning wicket at Cardiff (where, apparently 80% of the wickets this year have fallen to seamers!).
(30-06-2009, 09:30 PM)Kim Wrote: Ill be intersted to see how Panesar goes. After being found out as inffective against decent teams, theyve tried to add variation to his game. This has made him ineffective against everyone!!! So hes going back to his old style, with no variation.

Yeah, great plan.:001_rolleyes:

(30-06-2009, 09:30 PM)littlepete Wrote: i think you will be very suprised dd
and all them supporters moaning about £15 for three days at edgbaston makes me laugh

Its a pretty good deal tbf.

If 2 of you go with BOGOF its £2.50 a day.
cheap as chips
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Thats very cheap when you think you are watching KP and Freddie in his comeback game for England. And the fact that the bears are playing.

(30-06-2009, 09:13 PM)Kim Wrote:
(30-06-2009, 08:48 PM)Paul Wrote: They're charging £25 on the gate for the Lions game. TBF thats a real rip-off compared to what they're for the Warwickshire v England game.

Dont think thats a fair comparison. One is a friendly agaisnt a county side minus its best batsmen.
The other is Englands reserves in a proper 4 day match v the number one side in the world.

Nevertheless the Worcs prices are high. Sussex got it right - reduced prices and made £350,00 from their game v Aussies.

Ill be surprised if either game is very well attended.

Isn't Troughton playing then. Thats the first I've heard of that...:w00t:

:D

TBF.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/warwickshire/e...ype=season

Kim's right but Bell has had more innings.

But then in one days its troughton.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/warwickshire/e...ype=season

And we know who it is in 20/20 by far.

This is probably one for WB, but if you all the competitions together then who would come out on top. My guess is Trott.