Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Pears (T20 Game 3)
What are peoples thought ahead of the game Friday?

Worcestershire are looking a poor side again this season, with very obvious weaknesses in all areas of the game, and whispers of dressing room unrest.

What changes, if any should we make to our side?

And, just for fun, what Worcestershire players would improve our squad if they were available?

(I'd have Moeen, Mitchell, Kabeer and Davies)
It' Nord alto torvo di s.
spiega con la maggior parte yorkshiremen sono bastardi miseri

Oh yes..agree with the choice of 3 Worcestershire players!

Looking forward to it as it's a local derby and attracts a good crowd, hadn't heard about the dressing room unrest but that's very interesting.

Would rest Chris Woakes for obvious reasons but apart from that, would like to see how the remaining 20/20 side fare at home.
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
If Ambrose has recovered obviously him for Johnson and Rankin for Woakes.
Which one of the 4 don't you like? I can give good sound, i think, reasons for all 4.

One key thing for us is that Ian Westwood must be allowed to continue developing in the 'finisher' role. We've had nobody to fill that role since TP retired, it really is a key role.

If a side can add runs every ball it makes life harder for the fielding side, especially the bowlers and makes boundaries even more valuable.

Not keen on Moeen..nothing personal but i rate the other 3 players.
I'm a horrid bint.....apparently!
I watched Mooen though in the Warwickshire nets when I was training pre season. Brilliant. You could tell he was going to start well. I was afraid to bowl to him.
Supporter of 2012 County Relegation candidates

For the team, Woakes does need a rest but who can replace him. Rankin with Ireland, so who?

Val,

Moeen is very good, remember he is still young, just 20 I think and has a good cricket brain to go with his ability. He just needs to be given the time to grow into a role.

I think Moeen is the most talented young player I have ever seen. I didn't realise Rankin wasn't available. We may as well give Jimmy Anyon a go then.
The pain from the 'badbatch' era continues every time I see Moeen or Mark Wagh bat.

They would add so much to our team in the quality and style of their runs. It went almost unnoticed but Mark played a brilliant inning for Notts in damp swinging conditions when they played at New Road. It was criminal that a player with that ability was forced out of Edgbaston.

Well I believe Rankin isnt as he is in the Ireland squad for the world 20/20 and they have warm ups. Moeen is amazing whenever I have seen him. He is also a nice guy and helps you with your game.

Tall Bear Wrote:The pain from the 'badbatch' era continues every time I see Moeen or Mark Wagh bat.

They would add so much to our team in the quality and style of their runs. It went almost unnoticed but Mark played a brilliant inning for Notts in damp swinging conditions when they played at New Road. It was criminal that a player with that ability was forced out of Edgbaston.

Absolutely, I was particularly sad when Moeen left, but how we could do with Mark Wagh now.
DD BEAR Wrote:Well I believe Rankin isnt as he is in the Ireland squad for the world 20/20 and they have warm ups. Moeen is amazing whenever I have seen him. He is also a nice guy and helps you with your game.

Yes he always came over as very nice. I think his career was held back by Worcester with them having so many expereinced players in their team, but I hope that he goes on and realises his talent.
Hopefully, he will move back to us. He still trains at edgbaston with his club team.

I don't think theres much chance of that DD. We could of signed Kadeer in the close season.
He has another brother. Omar Ali. He is 20 but could come into the frame as a good cricketer yet.

Yes I haven't seen him play, but was told that he was the most talented of the lot, but where is he now?
I dont know. I think he was at the nets with Moeen. They looked very similar. He bowled a good pace but it may have not have been him.

Edit:He is on Worcestershire books. http://cricketarchive.com/Worcestershire...80732.html

I spotted that too.
Damn. But you would go with your family.