Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Cricket
Unseasonably fine weather greeted the start of the County Championship at Taunton. After Will Rhodes opted to bat on a typical Ciderabad pitch, the Warwickshire openers negotiated a couple of tight overs from Gregory and Philander before the ball was tossed to Leach and Bess who bowled unchanged until lunch. The fifty partnership was reached before Rhodes fell for 43, deceived by Leach's even slower ball. With Jeetan Patel stuck in New Zealand, Warwickshire had been allowed to register Virat Kohli as a temporary overseas player. Having notched a quick 150, he fell to Leach with the score on 208. A rusty Ian Bell played some classy shots before stepping out to hit Bess and missing the ball. Rhodes completed the stumping. Sam Hain hit robustly for 80 before pulling Tom Abell into the hands of Banton, fielding on the boundary. There was then time for Tim Ambrose to partner Dom Sibley through to the close when the Bears were 350-4, with Sibley just one away from his half-century.

If only ….
(12-04-2020, 09:35 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Unseasonably fine weather greeted the start of the County Championship at Taunton. After Will Rhodes opted to bat on a typical Ciderabad pitch, the Warwickshire openers negotiated a couple of tight overs from Gregory and Philander before the ball was tossed to Leach and Bess who bowled unchanged until lunch. The fifty partnership was reached before Rhodes fell for 43, deceived by Leach's even slower ball. With Jeetan Patel stuck in New Zealand, Warwickshire had been allowed to register Virat Kohli as a temporary overseas player. Having notched a quick 150, he fell to Leach with the score on 208. A rusty Ian Bell played some classy shots before stepping out to hit Bess and missing the ball. Rhodes completed the stumping. Sam Hain hit robustly for 80 before pulling Tom Abell into the hands of Banton, fielding on the boundary. There was then time for Tim Ambrose to partner Dom Sibley through to the close when the Bears were 350-4, with Sibley just one away from his half-century.

If only ….

I believed all of this until the last sentence.  Surely Dom Sibley never scores that fast.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(12-04-2020, 10:20 AM)Terry Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 09:35 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Unseasonably fine weather greeted the start of the County Championship at Taunton. After Will Rhodes opted to bat on a typical Ciderabad pitch, the Warwickshire openers negotiated a couple of tight overs from Gregory and Philander before the ball was tossed to Leach and Bess who bowled unchanged until lunch. The fifty partnership was reached before Rhodes fell for 43, deceived by Leach's even slower ball. With Jeetan Patel stuck in New Zealand, Warwickshire had been allowed to register Virat Kohli as a temporary overseas player. Having notched a quick 150, he fell to Leach with the score on 208. A rusty Ian Bell played some classy shots before stepping out to hit Bess and missing the ball. Rhodes completed the stumping. Sam Hain hit robustly for 80 before pulling Tom Abell into the hands of Banton, fielding on the boundary. There was then time for Tim Ambrose to partner Dom Sibley through to the close when the Bears were 350-4, with Sibley just one away from his half-century.

If only ….

I believed all of this until the last sentence.  Surely Dom Sibley never scores that fast.

Don’t torture me, I’d booked up for the whole game. Now thinking likely Scarborough won’t happen either. Such an awful time. I work at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital which is now essentially at the heart of Covid-19 in Birmingham and I know the Trust is very grateful for Edgbaston’s offer of being a major testing station. So many kind & generous acts amidst the horror. Stay safe everyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Harborne Bear