Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham - 2nds Trophy 'QF' at Barnt Green
2 important Seconds T20 matches at BG tomorrow (11.30 and 3.00 starts).  We play Durham in the Trophy.  In effect its a Quarter Final - IF we win BOTH matches, we are guaranteed a Semi Final place (Durham are competing with us for it !).

It's a good weather forecast.  I'll be there and will give updates as best I can.  I hope a few more Bears fans will be able to make it and give our lads a bit of a shout.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
We've put a strong side out in the first match:-

Pollock
Yates (Captain)
Lamb
Mellor
Ethan Brookes
Chapman-Lilley
Panayi
Lintott
Garrett
OHD
Wightman

Durham won the toss and put us in.

We made a fairly typical (recent times) start - Ed Pollock out for a duck after 3 balls, but Yates and Lamb bringing it together (Lamb quickly, Yates more slowly) - 21 for 1 after 3 overs.
(07-08-2019, 11:47 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: We've put a strong side out in the first match:-

Pollock
Yates (Captain)
Lamb
Mellor
Ethan Brookes
Chapman-Lilley
Panayi
Lintott
Garrett
OHD
Wightman

Durham won the toss and put us in.

We made a fairly typical (recent times) start - Ed Pollock out for a duck after 3 balls, but Yates and Lamb bringing it together (Lamb quickly, Yates more slowly) - 21 for 1 after 3 overs.

I spoke too soon - Yates and Lamb both out in the 4th over (a wicket maiden for Main) !
That's it - even at this (VERY early stage) we've pretty much blown any Semi Final.  We are 43 for 5 after 8 overs - Brookes & Chapman-Lilley gone, just Mellor & Panayi trying to redeem something.

If Durham win either (or both) of the games today, they qualify for the Semi's ahead of us.
Sure enough, we lost the first match (and thus any hope of a Semi Final) by 8 wickets.  The only ray of sunshine was the (all round) form of Jake Lintott, who scored a quick 28 (the highest scorer !) and took 1 for 28 off his 4 overs.

For the second match, we've made a couple of team changes. Craig Miles has come in for Matt Lamb and George Furrer has come in for OHD.

We won the toss and elected to bat.  A much better start this time - especially for Ed P.  He's currently on 82 (off 27 balls !) and we are 100 for 2 off 8 overs.
(07-08-2019, 03:05 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: Sure enough, we lost the first match (and thus any hope of a Semi Final) by 8 wickets.  The only ray of sunshine was the (all round) form of Jake Lintott, who scored a quick 28 (the highest scorer !) and took 1 for 28 off his 4 overs.

For the second match, we've made a couple of team changes. Craig Miles has come in for Matt Lamb and George Furrer has come in for OHD.

We won the toss and elected to bat.  A much better start this time - especially for Ed P.  He's currently on 82 (off 27 balls !) and we are 100 for 2 off 8 overs.

It's strange Matt's been pulled from the second match, especially as he batted reasonably well in our innings.  I wonder if he might be called up for the First team T20 squad for Leicestershire this evening ?  I've always thought his quickish run getting and slow / medium paced 'wobblers' might be useful for the T20, especially as Agar is bu**ered.  He is probably a better bet than Thomson at the moment.
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
We made 193 for 7 in our 20!  Ed P did the biz this match - 100 off 39 balls!  Also, 29NO for Chapman-Lilley and (scoring again!) 23 for Jake Lintott.
Durham won by 1 wicket !  They made 194 for 9 - Eckersley hitting the winning runs off the last ball !  Good all round performance though from Jake Lintott, scoring 23 (off 22 balls with 2 x 6's), taking 3 for 26 in his 4 overs and gettting a fine run out.
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
With Agar crocked this surely was an opportunity for Lintott to get a foot in the door, and he certainly hasn't done himself any harm by his performances today. Top score first game? Good score second game and two good bowling performances, especially in the second game when not many were needed and they only lost by 1. Three wickets and a good runout. Can't do much more to get a look in surely?