Alex Thomson
Alex Mellor
Ethan Brookes
Bailey Wightman
George Garrett
Ben Griffin
Jacob Bethell
Manraj Johal
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
Not a bad day weather-wise, I think I'll have a trip along the M42 and see how the boys get on.  With so many first team bowling injuries, guys like Bailey Wightman, George Garrett and Ethan Brookes might stake a claim with good performances.  Similarly, Yates, Hose and Lamb might be looking over their shoulders at how Burgess, Banks and Mousley (and possibly even Ed and the two Alex's) perform.

The T20 games today, are followed by a Seconds Championship match with Lancs tomorrow,
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(01-07-2019, 11:27 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: Not a bad day weather-wise, I think I'll have a trip along the M42 and see how the boys get on.  With so many first team bowling injuries, guys like Bailey Wightman, George Garrett and Ethan Brookes might stake a claim with good performances.  Similarly, Yates, Hose and Lamb might be looking over their shoulders at how Burgess, Banks and Mousley (and possibly even Ed and the two Alex's) perform.

The T20 games today, are followed by a Seconds Championship match with Lancs tomorrow,

Well, I'm down at Moseley now.  So far, none of the highlighted players have done anything to justify consideration for First team call up.  The only bowler who looked anywhere near decent was George Garrett (taking 4 for 24, in Lancs 149 for 7).  The only batsman who had any idea how to deal with Lancs bowling, was Ed Pollock (33) - he hardly shone brightly, but at least put bat to ball, in his normal style !  We finished on 131 for 9.
Complete turnaround in the second match.  We won by 7 wickets.  A good all round performance by Alex Thomson, taking 2 wickets for 19 runs in his 4 overs and scoring a quick 37.  Good batting also from EP again (a quick 47) and Burgess, who looked in form this match (unlike the first), with 53.  In contrast, George Garrett, was belted all over the park in this match, with 1 for 57 in his 4 overs!

From the 2 matches, I would say Ed Pollock might be deserving a call up for our last 2 Championship games - of course, Management won't, cos' they'll never give him a go!  Alex Thomson might also deserve a chance, if we ever get a wicket that seriously takes spin.  The jury is still out for the rest.  

There will be another chance for Seconds players to make their mark, in the 3 day game against Lancs tomorrow at Portland Road.  I hope to also get to that.