Rhodes
Burgess (Keeper)
Banks
Mellor
Thomson
Miles
Panayi
Garrett

Interesting that Yates, Rhodes and Banks have moved down to the Seconds for this match (and we play Durham away in a 3 day Championship game starting tomorrow - so I guess a similar XI will have travelled, to be be playing in that ?).  Also interesting Burgess is keeping wicket, with Mellor just in as a batsman.  I really hope Lamb keeps his wonderful form going - and pushes (even more) for a starting place in the First team next week.

Durham were 285 all out just before the end of  their 50 overs.  3 wickets for Thomson (3 for 43 off 10 overs) & Rhodes (3 for 52 off 8.4 overs), 2 wickets for Yates (2 for 41 off his 8 overs - pushing Thomson for a place in the First team as our second spinner ?!) and 1 wicket  for Garrett.  We've started well - 52 for 0 off 6 overs (42 of them for Pollock - off 25 balls).
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
(10-06-2019, 03:14 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: A strong Seconds team for the 50 over Trophy game v Durham at Jesmond today:-

Pollock
Yates (Captain)
Lamb
Rhodes
Burgess (Keeper)
Banks
Mellor
Thomson
Miles
Panayi
Garrett

Interesting that Yates, Rhodes and Banks have moved down to the Seconds for this match (and we play Durham away in a 3 day Championship game starting tomorrow - so I guess a similar XI will have travelled, to be be playing in that ?).  Also interesting Burgess is keeping wicket, with Mellor just in as a batsman.  I really hope Lamb keeps his wonderful form going - and pushes (even more) for a starting place in the First team next week.

Durham were 285 all out just before the end of  their 50 overs.  3 wickets for Thomson (3 for 43 off 10 overs) & Rhodes (3 for 52 off 8.4 overs), 2 wickets for Yates (2 for 41 off his 8 overs - pushing Thomson for a place in the First team as our second spinner ?!) and 1 wicket  for Garrett.  We've started well - 52 for 0 off 6 overs (42 of them for Pollock - off 25 balls).

We won by 7 wickets, finishing on 291 for 3 off 38 overs:-

Pollock - 68 off 35 balls !
Yates - 18 off 34 balls
Lamb - 78 NO off 91 balls (how can they continue to ignore him ?!)
Rhodes - 101 off 60 balls !
Burgess - 11 NO off 11 balls
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
Scorcard here https://warwickshireccc.com/fixtures/sec...tch-report

Good to see Ed Pollock & Matt Lamb again getting good runs.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Scorecard link for the 3 day SEC game

https://warwickshireccc.com/fixtures/sec...june-2019/
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!