Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Lintott
The club are giving ANOTHER trial to a spinner - Jake Lintott, who is playing for the Seconds in their two T20 matches against Worcester today.  He's a 26 year old Left Arm spinner from Taunton, who has been playing Minor Counties cricket for Dorset & Wiltshire.  However, he has played T20 cricket for 2 first class Counties - Hampshire in 2017 and Gloucestershire in 2018 (taking 2 for 26 in one match).

By my count, that's 4 (relatively experienced) spinners we've tried out already in the Seconds this season (Azeem Rafiq, Zafar Gohar, Blake Coburn and now Jake).  We MUST be looking to get someone in soon ?
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bald Reynard's post:
Reabank
(06-06-2019, 05:24 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: The club are giving ANOTHER trial to a spinner - Jake Lintott, who is playing for the Seconds in their two T20 matches against Worcester today.  He's a 26 year old Left Arm spinner from Taunton, who has been playing Minor Counties cricket for Dorset & Wiltshire.  However, he has played T20 cricket for 2 first class Counties - Hampshire in 2017 and Gloucestershire in 2018 (taking 2 for 26 in one match).

By my count, that's 4 (relatively experienced) spinners we've tried out already in the Seconds this season (Azeem Rafiq, Zafar Gohar, Blake Coburn and now Jake).  We MUST be looking to get someone in soon ?

5 spinners have been run out now for the Seconds - Yates is playing in their Trophy game against Durham today as an 'All Rounder' - (as Captain) bringing himself on to bowl 8 overs of Off Spin (and taking 2 for 41) !
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
(06-06-2019, 05:24 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: The club are giving ANOTHER trial to a spinner - Jake Lintott, who is playing for the Seconds in their two T20 matches against Worcester today.  He's a 26 year old Left Arm spinner from Taunton, who has been playing Minor Counties cricket for Dorset & Wiltshire.  However, he has played T20 cricket for 2 first class Counties - Hampshire in 2017 and Gloucestershire in 2018 (taking 2 for 26 in one match).

Lintott has played for Warwickshire 2nds before in 2013 when Dougie Brown was in charge I believe.
(19-06-2019, 03:28 PM)muppetdodger Wrote:

Lintott has played for Warwickshire 2nds before in 2013 when Dougie Brown was in charge I believe.

I think he is definitely worth persevering with, he looked very promising in the T20 matches at Barnt Green.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Good couple of days for Lintott, 10 wickets in the match (2 5fers) and a solid 50 in an innings victory for Wiltshire over cornwall. With school finished and Blast coming up he seems to be firing well now - good timing?.
(08-07-2019, 05:55 PM)muppetdodger Wrote: Good couple of days for Lintott, 10 wickets in the match (2 5fers) and a solid 50 in an innings victory for Wiltshire over cornwall. With school finished and Blast coming up he seems to be firing well now - good timing?.

You're right muppetdodger, Jake is back in the Seconds team - for the 2 x T20 games against Derbyshire today.  Interestingly, both him and Agar are playing (2 left arm spinners) - he got 1 for 24, Agar got nothing!
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"