Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd's Trophy v Northants at Moseley
STONE IS BACK !

12 man squad for the Seconds Trophy game against Northants at Moseley today:-

Coburn - it might be Blake Coburn, a 23 year old Kiwi, Slow Left Armer (and bowls 'Chinaman'), who has played First Class cricket for Canterbury (I can't find another Coburn in any listings).  If it is him, Jeets could well have sourced another possible spinner ?
J.R. Cox - the 'mystery man' who took 5 for 51 in his last Seconds game.
Garrett
Nick Hammond
Lamb
Mellor
Milnes
Mousley
Panayi
Pollock
STONE
Thomason

We won the toss and decided to bowl.  Milnes and Garrett opening the bowling - not Stone (yet !).
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
Stone is apparently just playing as a batsman.
Also,according to the Club website:
"Aaron Thomason (pec injury) and Matt Lamb (side strain) continue to progress and work their way closer to the first-team."
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(20-05-2019, 11:20 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote: STONE IS BACK !

Coburn - it might be Blake Coburn, a 23 year old Kiwi, Slow Left Armer (and bowls 'Chinaman'), who has played First Class cricket for Canterbury (I can't find another Coburn in any listings).  If it is him, Jeets could well have sourced another possible spinner ?
Garrett
Nick Hammond
Lamb
Mellor
Milnes
Mousley
Panayi
Pollock
STONE
Thomason

We won the toss and decided to bowl.  Milnes and Garrett opening the bowling - not Stone (yet !).

I don't think it could be Blake Coburn.  Northants are well over half way through their innings (30 overs) - and there is no sign of Coburn bowling.  We have used 6 bowlers - and I guess if it was Blake Coburn, he would have come on before now (especially as we have gone with Mousley's spin).

Not looking good for us - Northants are 168 for 3.  2 wickets for Panayi, 1 for Cox.
You can take the boy out of Atherstone, but you can never take Atherstone ........... !
(20-05-2019, 01:08 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:

Garrett
Nick Hammond
Lamb
Mellor
Milnes
Mousley
Panayi
Pollock
STONE
Thomason

I don't think it could be Blake Coburn.  Northants are well over half way through their innings (30 overs) - and there is no sign of Coburn bowling.  We have used 6 bowlers - and I guess if it was Blake Coburn, he would have come on before now (especially as we have gone with Mousley's spin).

Not looking good for us - Northants are 168 for 3.  2 wickets for Panayi, 1 for Cox.

It could be Blake Coburn.  The teamsheet says 'B Coburn', but it is strange that he didn't bowl - as far as I can tell, he is bowler who bats a bit, rather than the other way around.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(20-05-2019, 06:04 PM)The Lickey Banker Wrote:
(20-05-2019, 01:08 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:

Garrett
Nick Hammond
Lamb
Mellor
Milnes
Mousley
Panayi
Pollock
STONE
Thomason

It could be Blake Coburn.  The teamsheet says 'B Coburn', but it is strange that he didn't bowl - as far as I can tell, he is bowler who bats a bit, rather than the other way around.

Yes, B Coburn WAS on the teamsheet, but he didn't bowl and it looks lile he won't bat - we're 9 down and the last pair (Mellor and Cox) are now in.  I guess he was due to play, but didn't (for whatever reason - perhaps his flight from New Zealand was delayed !).
I was at the game. Panayi was the pick of the bowlers. Garrett showed promise and James Cox, a seamer from Staffordshire is interesting. He looks like a right-arm Jack Shantry.

Batting wise Lamb was solid and should replace Hose in the next game. Pollock was his usual self- quick 20 and out, but the star was Mellor who played an excellent knock and nearly got us home. He was last out for 91 and we lost by 10 runs. I never fancied him as an opener but in our present state he might be worth a go as a middle order batsman.
(21-05-2019, 06:52 PM)The Red Baron Wrote: I was at the game. Panayi was the pick of the bowlers. Garrett showed promise and James Cox, a seamer from Staffordshire is interesting. He looks like a right-arm Jack Shantry.

Batting wise Lamb was solid and should replace Hose in the next game. Pollock was his usual self- quick 20 and out, but the star was Mellor who played an excellent knock and nearly got us home. He was last out for 91 and we lost by 10 runs. I never fancied him as an opener but in our present state he might be worth a go as a middle order batsman.

Thanks for that RB.  I agree with you about Lamb, he should have been playing far more First Class cricket long go - last season, as well as this.  He got 125 today in the Championship game against Northants - so MUST replace either Yates or Hose.

As for Mellor, I think TA's more common failures with the bat, should mean an early First team appearance for Alex (though Tim apparently took an amazing catch against Somerset today !).