Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear and Ragged Staff Wall
This is an interesting idea:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/bear-ra...oundation/
I'm sure that Jon will want to point out that you need to pay an extra £800 to get the words Warwickshire County Cricket Club on your stone.
They have a similar wall at Taunton - and maybe elsewhere too.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
LOL Terry :-)
(04-10-2018, 06:59 PM)Terry Wrote: This is an interesting idea:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/bear-ra...oundation/
I'm sure that Jon will want to point out that you need to pay an extra £800 to get the words Warwickshire County Cricket Club on your stone.
They have a similar wall at Taunton - and maybe elsewhere too.

Unfortunately I’m not sure I’d trust them to even spell Warwickshire let alone find it in a map. ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
Leicester Exile
How much to get the name of the club at the entrance to the ground???
[-] The following 3 users Like brummydoc's post:
Jon, Leicester Exile, paulbear
Typical, it will actually have a 'Bear & Ragged Staff' emblem and the ACTUAL name of the club (A seldom seen rarity at the ground for years) - And be hidden away from most people stuck right at the rear of the ground. Sums it all for me really.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
Jon, Leicester Exile
I agree PB - The Bear and Ragged Staff as well as the words "Home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club" should be on the front of the ground - immediately underneath the word Edgbaston.

To me what is planned is a tacky way to raise some money
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Jon, paulbear
(05-10-2018, 06:40 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: I agree PB - The Bear and Ragged Staff as well as the words "Home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club" should be on the front of the ground - immediately underneath the word Edgbaston.

I quite like it - I’ve come across a few organisations who have done it including Kings Heath Cricket Club. I paid for an inscribed brick there.
[quote='Leicester Exile' pid='102132' dateline='1538761244']
I agree PB - The Bear and Ragged Staff as well as the words  "Home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club" should be on the front of the ground - immediately underneath the word Edgbaston.

I'm all in favour of ways (tacky or otherwise) to raise funds for the Edgbaston Foundation "in its work of using the power of cricket to make a difference to the lives of young people in Birmingham and around Warwickshire."
Seems like a good cause to me.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(05-10-2018, 06:40 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: I agree PB - The Bear and Ragged Staff as well as the words  "Home of Warwickshire County Cricket Club" should be on the front of the ground - immediately underneath the word Edgbaston.

Edgbaston should be underneath Warwickshire County Cricket Club - its only the name of the ground ie the Headquarters.

We must have the most confused branding in world sport!

I've even seen WCCC and B*******m Bears twitter feeds trying to reference each other but failing because they can't work out if its supposed to be the same Club or not.

Strange that the Committee flaunt ties and blazers in the Club colours but can't even get the first team to wear them on their sweaters. 

Unfortunately we are now a Club without an identity. A branding disaster.
I can't knock the cause - very worthy indeed but the idea it will be placed behind the Wyatt stand where, as has been said, hardly anyone will see it saddens me. Also there is a big difference giving support to a local club like Kings Heath and a business the size of Edgbaston. I just wish WCCC and its proper logo and colours were brought to the fore.
LE - aka John