Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sussex v Warwickshire
(21-09-2018, 08:33 PM)rednalbear Wrote: Well done to the team. Now lets go and win it. I would hope as many members as possible come to the game next week to support the team. With our membership of over 4000 surely there should be at least a 1000 per day, plus what ever Kent bring along, so should be heaithy attendences next week. COYB

And a plea for people to turn up to show appreciation for Trotty.
With the title up for grabs, hopefully 4 dry days, support from Kent and Trott's last game plus Wright's last game for us, there should be no excuse if people are off, not to come to what could be a real occasion. I am looking forward to it.
Hope to get down but a Monday start isn't kind to the working man.  Congratulations to the team and coaches, entirely right to bat on today - you don't risk a whole season chasing a vanity win.

Wish next season was starting next week.
Great achievement - so many positives to take from the season - and especially compared to last season.

Just want to see us beat Kent with Trott getting at least one ton.
LE - aka John
I really want to go to the match next week. Sadly (kind of) I'm in Boulder until Tuesday and won't be back in the uk until Wednesday. On the off chance that the match goes into a fourth day, I'll have to be in the office!
Proud to be a Bear
(21-09-2018, 08:33 PM)rednalbear Wrote: Well done to the team. Now lets go and win it. I would hope as many  members as possible come to the game next week to support the team. With our membership of over 4000 surely there should be at least a 1000 per day, plus what ever Kent bring along, so should be heaithy attendences next week. COYB

I think you're leaning against an open door there
I have a feeling that there could be a bit of scoreboard watching from both sides. For example, if one side gets one more bonus point than the other and they are batting and there are still overs left of the 110, nothing to stop them from declaring if they feel they are in a good position whilst at the same time sacrificing a few runs. As long as Kent keep pace with us on bonus points, they will feel no need to have to force a result if they do have to. Both captains will have thought of this already so the toss could be interesting.
(22-09-2018, 08:05 PM)paulbear Wrote: I have a feeling that there could be a bit of scoreboard watching from both sides. For example, if one side gets one more bonus point than the other and they are batting and there are still overs left of the 110, nothing to stop them from declaring if they feel they are in a good position whilst at the same time sacrificing a few runs. As long as Kent keep pace with us on bonus points, they will feel no need to have to force a result if they do have to. Both captains will have thought of this already so the toss could be interesting.

10:30start late September and with bowling being Kent's stronger suit added to the fact they have the leading wicket taker in Matt Henry I will be amazed if the toss takes place
(22-09-2018, 05:12 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I really want to go to the match next week. Sadly (kind of) I'm in Boulder until Tuesday and won't be back in the uk until Wednesday. On the off chance that the match goes into a fourth day, I'll have to be in the office!

In Boulder? Damn - or should that be dam?
Maybe this song isn't quite appropriate; but "I guess he'd rather be at Edgbaston" doesn't really scan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Eh0B5e8m8
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Many sides decided to bat first last week and at this stage of the season any side with 300+ on the board with a pitch likely to deteriorate, might be glad to bat first. Kent have not many batting points so might have a real dilemma when it comes to automatic insertion in case we bat well. The weather looks dry so might not be too much help from pitch or weather.
NS and PB... Some interesting thoughts on batting first given the time of year.... Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
narsty simon