Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham at Edgbaston
We did try and chase the runs in the morning but the bowling was excellent and when we were 4 down, we were still less than 100 ahead. With our batting still not settled and Barker at 7, we could have handed them the game. I do think we let their spinner, Patel, bowl at us without trying to attack him. Although we lost virtually a whole day to rain, we blew a big chance by not cleaning them up quickly yesterday after Collingwood got out to the first ball of the day.
The 5 points gained for the draw could yet prove vital come the end of the Kent game, with 3 games to go we are still in pole position, better to be chased than chasing
So as per my thoughts at the beginning of the season.... Division two is very average. It's all about three teams with some light hurdles to jump over .... Jumps that could still unseat them though if approached in the wrong way.... Unfortunately we couldn't cleanly jump this one.... But we are still in the saddle and running well towards the finishing line.
What a days play at Edgbaston!
Report for the day - https://t.co/ZQmzwkClM6

Self promo...haha!
(07-09-2018, 11:34 PM)emily_marshall Wrote: What a days play at Edgbaston!
Report for the day - https://t.co/ZQmzwkClM6

Self promo...haha!

Proper cricket Emily, the best game in the world
Woakes releasedby the ecb to play@Leicester tomorrow
Good, common sense for a change. There are no other international games after this current game so no point in wrapping bowlers up in cotton wool now. Woakes has hardly played all season so he will hopefully be fresh. It is though, very unfortunate for whoever they decide to leave out of the CC side who have played well recently. You can bet the ECB will not want him to play the last 2 games v Sussex and Kent. They will no doubt come up with a reason why he shouldn't play.
(09-09-2018, 12:33 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Woakes releasedby the ecb to play@Leicester tomorrow
Great news, we will need him in these last 3 games.  I'm not sure whether he will replace Sidebottom or Wright ?
And it's someone to bat at number 7.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
narsty simon
(09-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 12:33 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Woakes releasedby the ecb to play@Leicester tomorrow
Great news, we will need him in these last 3 games.  I'm not sure whether he will replace Sidebottom or Wright ?

Might be a good idea to rest Stone and have him fit and firing for the  on paper, more difficult games that follow