Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham at Edgbaston
Meanwhile the tension mounts@Chelmsford, it's tea with Surrey requiring 2 to win
I see our ex-allrounder had a good game. Just goes to show he can still perform, it's just a pity that he didn't even seem to be bothered when he was playing for us last year - almost as though he couldn't care less as he knew that he was ready to leave and it didn't matter. Good riddance to him, I hope he drops his CC winners medal down the toilet.
Pretty harsh words to say about a guy that was a key part of us winning all three competitions during his time here.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 4 users Like Exiled Bear's post:
IanBear, Leicester Exile, narsty simon, rednalbear
(06-09-2018, 04:52 PM)paulbear Wrote: I see our ex-allrounder had a good game. Just goes to show he can still perform, it's just a pity that he didn't even seem to be bothered when he was playing for us last year - almost as though he couldn't care less as he knew that he was ready to leave and it didn't matter. Good riddance to him, I hope he drops his CC winners medal down the toilet.

At this moment in time Surrey have had the better of the swap
Rikki Clarke's departure was the right thing for everybody. We needed to shake up our squad, which had gone stale. In Rikki's case, we weren't using him properly - largely as an opening bowler which was not his strongest suit. He was best for us as a second change all-rounder, which is what he has gone back to being at Surrey. Good for him, good for them, had to happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile
I consider that the swap was really Clarke for Rhodes as a like-for-like deal. I know it was formally for Sibley and that was the contract, but it was mentioned at the back end of last season that Rhodes was going to bat at six and bowl.

If the deal was actually Clarke, a few recent performances notwithstanding, coming to the end of his career, for an new opening bat who is showing some promise for the first time in probably a decade, how would you guys think we’ve done now?

We can debate Sibley as a regular signing some other time...
The words are harsh, yes but his constant arm waving in the direction of Varun Chopra when young and inexperienced bowlers were in the middle of an over and getting a bit of stick was never helpful. Sometimes you can tell if some players are just not 'Up for it' and during the last 2 seasons he looked sometimes as if he just didn't 'give a ****' and that is just not good enough if you are still being paid despite the fact that your mind is elsewhere (On a move). I can definitely understand why some players couldn't get on with him on his first stint at Surrey and at Derbyshire.
Hard to see us getting a win tomorrow in a 100ish overs, 35 to bat, 65 to bowl our best bet I would suggest. Now if we had Ricky Clarke?...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rayb's post:
Leicester Exile
(06-09-2018, 08:56 PM)Rayb Wrote: Hard to see us getting a win tomorrow in a 100ish overs, 35 to bat, 65 to bowl our best bet I would suggest. Now if we had Ricky Clarke?...

Being the final day it's 96overs only so even less chance of forcing a win
There'll be a last hour though, right, which I'm sure we can squeeze more than 16 overs into if we need to?
Proud to be a Bear
There goes any chance of winning the game I think as we're going to be more concerned about not losing now.
Proud to be a Bear
According to Richard Wilford we will set them about 220off 40
Well that was an excellent use of two overs at the end there!
Proud to be a Bear
Taking tea now gains us 2 overs
(07-09-2018, 02:59 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Taking tea now gains us 2 overs

That's a bonus, wasn't sure if they'd take tea straight away or not.
Proud to be a Bear
(07-09-2018, 03:03 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 02:59 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Taking tea now gains us 2 overs

That's a bonus, wasn't sure if they'd take tea straight away or not.

Common sense prevails!
Ten wickets in around 30 overs? No problem ....

The Bears last wicket was a strange one....
(07-09-2018, 03:17 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Ten wickets in around 30 overs? No problem ....

The Bears last wicket was a strange one....

41overs
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Warleybear
27/2 with 30 overs left, could be an exciting finish! Gutted I can't be there.
Proud to be a Bear
I know it's hindsight, I know it's wise after the event, and all the rest of the crap, but we should have chased more runs this morning and an earlier declaration. Jeeten has to bowl more overs in their second innings, disappointing, we should play hard cricket, hard cricket wins the game today. I await all the defenders!