Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears at Colwyn Bay
(31-08-2018, 06:43 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Yes .... Good win for the bears.

It’s been a wonderful 3 days. Lovely ground, excellent hospitality from the host club and Glamorgan supporters. Good weather and a great team performance. So glad I went.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Warleybear
The perfect 3 days of cricket I would suggest
(31-08-2018, 07:05 PM)narsty simon Wrote: The perfect 3 days of cricket I would suggest

Definitely!
As we have all said so many times on these pages, you can only beat what is put in front of you. Teams and players will have bad days so they should all try and 'Fill their boots' when the opportunity arises and try and gorge on runs and wickets like Bell and Patel. The old stagers know a good scenario when it comes along. If batsmen have sleepless night thinking of bowlers who have tormented them then Bell must have been sleeping so well and laughing in his sleep at the thought of yet more runs to come. A good ruthless thrashing and cemented a-top the table as is deserved. Pity no more weekend cricket (We have had that argument so often before) but I am going on Thurs/Fri. Please Jeets win the toss and bat as Durham losing to Northants makes me think of another Gloucestershire scenario and a 2 day finish. Well done to all who went to support, glad we won and you enjoyed it all.
Yes another convincing win. As for lack of weekend cricket - why could this game not have started on Thursday . As it is there is no cricket on Sunday except the test - crazy.

Anyway we are now clear at the top - promotion is in our hands now.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
As we've discussed so many times in the past..... The lack of weekend cricket over the summer in any format is appalling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
paulbear
(31-08-2018, 09:23 PM)paulbear Wrote: As we have all said so many times on these pages, you can only beat what is put in front of you. Teams and players will have bad days so they should all try and 'Fill their boots' when the opportunity arises and try and gorge on runs and wickets like Bell and Patel. The old stagers know a good scenario when it comes along. If batsmen have sleepless night thinking of bowlers who have tormented them then Bell must have been sleeping so well and laughing in his sleep at the thought of yet more runs to come. A good ruthless thrashing and cemented a-top the table as is deserved. Pity no more weekend cricket (We have had that argument so often before) but I am going on Thurs/Fri. Please Jeets win the toss and bat as Durham losing to Northants makes me think of another Gloucestershire scenario and a 2 day finish. Well done to all who went to support, glad we won and you enjoyed it all.
Durham may not want to toss!
I hope they don't and I shall say "Aha they have fallen right into my trap, their first mistake" - Best if that bit is said in a pirate accent for effect.