Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Gleeson
The Beeb have reported us being linked with Richard Gleeson at Northants, after Jordan Clark decided to join Surrey. ANOTHER seamer (after Norwell, Raine and Chappell) - we'll have whole team of new ones?!  I know Wright and probably Boyd will be going, but still - perhaps the writing is on the wall for Barks and/or OHD and/or Sidebottom and/or (the semi-permanently injured) Stone?
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
(17-08-2018, 10:15 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: The Beeb have reported us being linked with Richard Gleeson at Northants, after Jordan Clark decided to join Surrey.  ANOTHER seamer (after Norwell, Raine and Chappell) - we'll have whole team of new ones?!  I know Wright and probably Boyd will be going, but still - perhaps the writing is on the wall for Barks and/or OHD and/or Sidebottom and/or (the semi-permanently injured) Stone?

Gleeson is older than OHD and Sidebottom.  I can't see the club getting rid of either of them, yet !  I also think Stone will get at least one more season to prove his fitness.  Rankin will defo be off.  I guess that Barker MIGHT leave, given how injury disrupted this season has been for him.  I don't know what the contract situation is for all these guys though ?
OHD and Sidebottom are under contract until the end of 2019. Rankin is definitely finished, all Irish players are classed as overseas players after this year.

Barker is out of contract end of the season. I am informed that a Div 1 county have tabled an offer for him.
(19-08-2018, 12:29 PM)bear4life Wrote: OHD and Sidebottom are under contract until the end of 2019. Rankin is definitely finished, all Irish players are classed as overseas players after this year.

Barker is out of contract end of the season. I am informed that a Div 1 county have tabled an offer for him.

If that's the case, I guess KB will just wait to see if we get promotion - and if so, see if he can get a decent contract renewal with us.  If we don't go up, he'll be off ?
(17-08-2018, 11:01 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(17-08-2018, 10:15 AM)The Lickey Banker Wrote: The Beeb have reported us being linked with Richard Gleeson at Northants, after Jordan Clark decided to join Surrey.  ANOTHER seamer (after Norwell, Raine and Chappell) - we'll have whole team of new ones?!  I know Wright and probably Boyd will be going, but still - perhaps the writing is on the wall for Barks and/or OHD and/or Sidebottom and/or (the semi-permanently injured) Stone?

Gleeson is older than OHD and Sidebottom.  I can't see the club getting rid of either of them, yet !  I also think Stone will get at least one more season to prove his fitness.  Rankin will defo be off.  I guess that Barker MIGHT leave, given how injury disrupted this season has been for him.  I don't know what the contract situation is for all these guys though ?

Of course the Gleeson interest could be the 'backstop' if we don't get promotion - and Raine / Chappell don't come to us.  Another year in the Second Division is likely to mean we'll only be able to attract 30 year old Northants players - no disrespect to them, just fact !  On the plus side, although 30, Gleeson has had a good record since he came (late) into Championship cricket - and deserved his call up for the Lions last Winter.  It's just that the future is more with players the age of Raine - and especially, a 22 year old like Chappell.
Gleeson has joined Lancs.  Signed a 3 year contract and will be able to play in their last CC games this season.

Like Raine, he is going back 'home' - he is a Blackpool lad.