Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poysden to Yorks?
We are skint
So I believe - and it is very sad situation for a club with such a proud recent past. Are we resigned to constant struggle I wonder!
(05-11-2019, 10:45 AM)brummydoc Wrote: So I believe - and it is very sad situation for a club with such a proud recent past. Are we resigned to constant struggle I wonder!

In the short term success is to avoid relegation and keep our heads above water financially. We can write off any silverware expectations. In fact it's a shame the club has spent what it has on The Hundred salaries. The club has the potential, the support and the tools to be one of the wealthiest and successful clubs in the land. Unfortunately like many struggling businesses we have been (and continue to be) run badly. Until that change happens we just have to hope a few half decent players emerge from the academy each year to prop us up. A sad indictment on the recent management of the club. Hopefully the Bears will eventually emerge like a er....... Phoenix Confused
But surely WCCC haven’t spent a penny on salaries for the 100, as Mr Viler suggests?
The player salaries are certainly paid for by the ECB. I'm not sure if we're paying for groundstaff/bar staff/stewards etc, if we get a share of the ticket and food and drink revenue?
Proud to be a Bear
(06-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: The player salaries are certainly paid for by the ECB. I'm not sure if we're paying for groundstaff/bar staff/stewards etc, if we get a share of the ticket and food and drink revenue?

So it’s unlikely the club would make a loss as Viler suggests?
(06-11-2019, 08:33 PM)Malc Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: The player salaries are certainly paid for by the ECB. I'm not sure if we're paying for groundstaff/bar staff/stewards etc, if we get a share of the ticket and food and drink revenue?

So it’s unlikely the club would make a loss as Viler suggests?

Depends how many people turn up to the games I suppose! Although this is probably not the right thread for this discussion!
Proud to be a Bear
(06-11-2019, 05:25 PM)Villan Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 10:45 AM)brummydoc Wrote: So I believe - and it is very sad situation for a club with such a proud recent past. Are we resigned to constant struggle I wonder!

In the short term success is to avoid relegation and keep our heads above water financially. We can write off any silverware expectations. In fact it's a shame the club has spent what it has on The Hundred salaries. The club has the potential, the support and the tools to be one of the wealthiest and successful clubs in the land. Unfortunately like many struggling businesses we have been (and continue to be) run badly. Until that change happens we just have to hope a few half decent players emerge from the academy each year to prop us up. A sad indictment on the recent management of the club. Hopefully the Bears will eventually emerge like a er....... Phoenix Confused
'The club has the potential....................................'. But until recently we WERE one of the wealthiest and successful clubs in the land! For Pete's sake even Derbyshire are investing in quality players. Where did it all go wrong??
Gosh if one of the triumvirate is showing more ambition than Warwickshire then maybe they should be punished by being forced to amalgate with other hapless counties!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile
Agreed - as long as we don't become one of them!!
(04-11-2019, 08:47 PM)Villan Wrote: We are skint

Just had email from Somerset CCC, their early bird price for all competitions for 2020 is £279.
No concessions, a 3 year membership at Edgbaston for all competitions for seniors is £165 per 
year. Would members accept a steep increase in membership fee to help fund recruitment?
Should all the recent messages on this thread be moved to a new subject - say Recruitment and Finances. 

This would leave updates on Josh Poysden to be read by those interested in both subjects. 

Are there administrators of the site who can take this action?
Getting this thread back on topic, good news of Josh's recovery and a possible meet-up with Jeetan:
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/180703...red-skull/
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/