Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England India
Absolutely agree. And yes you are right if we see him down at Edg with Essex we won't begrudge him a single run - a century maybe!!!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
The Series: Shane Warne said after the 2005 Ashes that he couldn't understand how England had won because "they didn't have a spinner, they didn't have a keeper and they didn't have a number 4". India must be wondering similarly how they have managed to lose 4-1 when they were at least as good as England in every respect except one. That one was runs scored by numbers 7 & 8 whether Buttler, Woakes or Curran. As Warwickshire followers, we know how powerful those runs can be and it's just won a Test series.

Buttler: I'm going to have to grudgingly accept that the Buttler experiment is working. He still doesn't look anything like a Test batsman - he rides his luck and gets out to some pig-awful shots - but he's put the runs in the scorebook so fair enough.

Cook: Fantastic end to a fantastic career. I saw him make a ton in the CC last year and you could see class oozing from every shot. He will be a force to be reckoned with at Essex.

Anderson: One of his secrets is the ability to stay fit. He's hardly ever out injured. Can his physio have a word with our fast bowling coach please?
George forecasts that Olly Stone may go to Sri Lanka:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/2...t-call-ups
His comment that "the management remain hopeful room can be found for at least one of the young fast bowlers" suggests that it is far from definite; but Olly is clearly on the radar. 
I saw Jamie Overton bowling last week at Taunton and his pace certainly scared me!
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
I take my hat off to the shortarse trundler who did exceptionally well. I still think his lack of pace and height will count against him in the long run, although he's clearly a more than useful allrounder in English conditions (which were, by general agreement pretty helpful to swing bowlers this summer).

That said, he more than exceeded anyone's expectations and he deserves much credit for that.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Shane Warne should look at facts during that 2005 series. Australia never made more than 371 in any innings. England made over 400 0n 3 occasions. Giles might not have taken a stack of wickets but he got wickets at vital times and got the top 7-8 out . To say Jones kept badly is an insult if you consider how many drops Gilchrist made and the fact is that the highest score he made was 49* at Edgbaston. Jones fluffed chances at Lords but that was it, he got his crap game out of the way in a defeat and was good after that. He also made runs and Gilchrist did not. Giles also took more wickets in Test 2-5 than Harmison did. Harmison took 9 at Lords but in a losing cause and only another 8 in the rest of the series. In 2005 the Aussies just could not take losing even having knowing it was going to have to come at some time. In the series v India the game of cricket threw up the same old thing that wins/loses games - It is a situations game and when the moment comes along you have to strike because if YOU don't then the THEY will and that is when the game is won/lost. It is such a fine line but ultimately it IS the difference.