Bell
ODH
Poysden
Sibley
Brookes
Hose
Rankin
Stone

I expect that, given the addition of Stone and Thomason, that we will see some changes for this match. I would leave out Rhodes, OHD, Poysden, Brookes, Rankin.
Proud to be a Bear
A must win game if the T20 season is to get back on track
LE - aka John
(20-07-2018, 12:19 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: 16 man squad:

Elliott
De Grandhomme
Patel
Thomason
Ambrose
Hain
Pollock
Rhodes
Bell
ODH
Poysden
Sibley
Brookes
Hose
Rankin
Stone

I expect that, given the addition of Stone and Thomason, that we will see some changes for this match. I would leave out Rhodes, OHD, Poysden, Brookes, Rankin.

Having seen both players in the two 2ndXI t20 games against Worcestershire on Monday, I would play both Boyd Rankin (bowled with good pace, line and length) and Will Rhodes (in form with bat and took wickets, mainly clean bowled). Aaron Thomason should also come back into the side. Olly Stone played one of the two t20s against South Staffs / North Cheshire League and had four overs for 30 runs, a worse economy rate than Douthwaite, Thomason and Panayi who all also took wickets. So would maybe leave him out for another week. Adam Hose and Ian Bell must both be under pressure, given the additional ability of Rhodes and Thomason with the bat.

I would leave out Poysden, Bell, Hose, Stone and Sibley, especially as it may be a rain shortened game.

Pollock, Hain, Rhodes, Elliott, De Grandhomme, Thomason, Ambrose, Patel, Brookes, Rankin, ODH

Maybe Hose to stay in at expense of Brookes or OHD as the above team has 7 batsmen and 8 bowlers. One of the problems with this season's team has been Elliott's poor form with the bat and De Grandhomme's poor form with the ball. Hopefully Thomason's return and the addition of Rhodes can give us more bowling options.
(20-07-2018, 12:19 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: 16 man squad:

Elliott
De Grandhomme
Patel
Thomason
Ambrose
Hain
Pollock
Rhodes
Bell
ODH
Poysden
Sibley
Brookes
Hose
Rankin
Stone

Thomason will be back - he got a ton for the Seconds a couple of days ago.  I have a sneaking feeling Josh P will get a game - in preparation for his Roses match (I think the Tykes would like that) - instead of Sibley, as our second 'spinner' (and having got Thomason in as the extra batsman) ?

I'd say the team will be - Pollock, Bell, Hain, Hose, De Grandhomme, Elliott, Ambrose, Thomason, Patel, ODH or Rhodes (if we think an extra batter might be needed - and ODH has hardly been pulling up any daisies with his T20 bowling this season !) & Poysden.
I think i would go along with IanBear team, but if Stone fit play him instead of OHD
Having seen every Bears T20 game live and on TV this season I would offer this theory.

Last year ended up pretty successfully after major mid-tournament surgery took place.

However I think the team and management have once again been lulled into complacency in believing that ostensibly the same side and same approach would be successful again.

This format evolves very quickly and if you don't evolve with it you can go backwards very quickly.

To my untutored eye we have become over-reliant on fast starts from Ed Pollack. There's not much power to follow once he's gone. And we do not have have enough bowling back-up to create pressure if we don't get early wickets.

I also have to say that our 2 overseas imports are – for the 2nd year running – producing pretty mediocre returns.

Given that they come with much-vaunted reputations forged in other T20 tournaments worldwide – notably the sainted IPL – perhaps it shows that our own continually denigrated competition is not as weak and feeble as some would have us believe.

However having seen Northampton on TV last night it may come down to which team is least hapless on the night.
Here is my preview:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/07/vital...teelbacks/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(20-07-2018, 03:49 PM)DaveC Wrote: I also have to say that our 2 overseas imports are – for the 2nd year running – producing pretty mediocre returns.

Think that's a bit harsh. Both of them produced some match-winning performances last season - the one that sticks in my memory is the quarter final against Surrey at the Oval. They haven't entirely got going yet this season, but CDG showed on Sunday what he's capable of with the bat so let's hope he can produce more of that.

I agree that I think we've become a bit complacent. I also think that our lack of bowling options has cost us a bit as well lately - we really needed a 6th front line bowling option on Sunday when all the other bowlers were disappearing to all parts of the ground.
Proud to be a Bear
Poor start yet again from us
Make that a terrible start.........what has happened to them over the last 3 matches?

The games have been effectively over by the 8th/9th over of the 1st innings
Oh dear!
Every County must be ticking off the days until they play us.
Superb bowling from de grandhomme again!!
I think we need to try batting first for once...
Proud to be a Bear
(20-07-2018, 08:18 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I think we need to try batting first for once...

Such an obvious choice today. At least we would have been in the game at half way.
13 runs and two wickets of the last 10 balls is a good effort but, let's face it, it's going to take a mammoth effort from here. Olly Stone went for 59 off 3. 59!!!
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
(20-07-2018, 08:18 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I think we need to try batting first for once...

Good point!! How the hell poysden can't get into this bowling line up is baffling
We are awful
Paul fondled my onion bags.
At least we didn't start with a maiden this time!!
Proud to be a Bear
Not right this, being trashed by 3 of the worst teams in the competition.

We will be all out for less than 100
Well that was a mammoth effort.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.