Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitality Blast - Outlaws v Bears
A re-run of last year's final, hopefully with a different result.
Here is Em's preview:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/07/vital...ham-bears/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(04-07-2018, 11:20 AM)Terry Wrote: A re-run of last year's final, hopefully with a different result.
Here is Em's preview:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/07/vital...ham-bears/

..... and the Final is a sell-out even before the competition has started:
https://edgbaston.com/edgbaston-confirms...ast-start/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
Jacuzzis, bouncy castles, ex players doing poor Elvis impressions - yes folks no cricket until the end of the month the pyjama slog is here!!
(04-07-2018, 04:05 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Jacuzzis, bouncy castles, ex players doing poor Elvis impressions - yes folks no cricket until the end of the month the pyjama slog is here!!

I know you love splashing or bouncing around, Simon, but it's not compulsory.  You can just watch the cricket.
It's not my favourite form of the game but there's a lot of skill involved and the players take it very seriously.
Warleybear
Cruising to victory-a great start to the season.
A very good start for the Bears.

The stand between Hain and Bell was excellent.... at 116 - was the Bears' best in 15 years of T20 cricket for the third wicket.
(04-07-2018, 05:11 PM)Terry Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 04:05 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Jacuzzis, bouncy castles, ex players doing poor Elvis impressions - yes folks no cricket until the end of the month the pyjama slog is here!!

I know you love splashing or bouncing around, Simon, but it's not compulsory.  You can just watch the cricket.
It's not my favourite form of the game but there's a lot of skill involved and the players take it very seriously.

So what is your favourite form? You never seem to go @all!
(05-07-2018, 07:22 AM)narsty simon Wrote:

Simon - before I answer your question, let me give you the reason for my post (apart from gently teasing you about jacuzzis and bouncy castles).
I just think you are missing out.  You obviously love cricket.  So  why wouldn't you want to see Henry Brookes starting a match with a wicket maiden or the old and young masters, Bell and Hain, playing some sublime genuine cricket shots in a match-winning stand?
I was going to say "what's not to like" but I could maybe answer that myself having attended a T20 international in Bristol where I was sat right under one of the loudspeakers and where members of the crowd in front of me spent the whole match obscuring my view with a sequence  of - stand up, go to the bar, come back with beer, gulp it down, go to the toilet, come back, go to the bar again etc. But we all have to suffer a little occasionally for our pleasures.
Anyway, why not give it a go?
As to your question, actually my favourite form of the game was three day county cricket on uncovered pitches but there's not a lot of that around these days. 
So my current favourite is four day county cricket.  This season so far I have been to matches at Edgbaston, Taunton, Bristol and Lord's.  I have seen four-day games and 50 over games - I was at Lord's for the RLODC final last Saturday.  I will see my first T20 game live this season on Sunday and will cover quite a few of the Blast matches.  In my ideal world, I would watch cricket most days of the summer but family and other responsibilities make that impossible.
Since I am in my seventh decade of cricket watching, I am tempted to say that I have seen more matches than you have had hot dinners; but then I don't know your eating habits.
Anyway, I will look out for you in the jacuzzi.
Warleybear
Good post Terry. Six decades ago I attended my first championship game... The Schweppes County championship I believe it was called... a three day game at Lords between Middlesex and Essex as a school trip to London. My joy from T20 is that friends, family and colleagues want to go along too... and I think many of the games have a lot going for them .... there is genuine cricket played... often at a very good standard.

Anyway... I won't join you both in the Jacuzzi.... But it was a good way to start our campaign yesterday.
(05-07-2018, 09:26 AM)Terry Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 07:22 AM)narsty simon Wrote:

Simon - before I answer your question, let me give you the reason for my post (apart from gently teasing you about jacuzzis and bouncy castles).
I just think you are missing out.  You obviously love cricket.  So  why wouldn't you want to see Henry Brookes starting a match with a wicket maiden or the old and young masters, Bell and Hain, playing some sublime genuine cricket shots in a match-winning stand?
I was going to say "what's not to like" but I could maybe answer that myself having attended a T20 international in Bristol where I was sat right under one of the loudspeakers and where members of the crowd in front of me spent the whole match obscuring my view with a sequence  of - stand up, go to the bar, come back with beer, gulp it down, go to the toilet, come back, go to the bar again etc. But we all have to suffer a little occasionally for our pleasures.
Anyway, why not give it a go?
As to your question, actually my favourite form of the game was three day county cricket on uncovered pitches but there's not a lot of that around these days. 
So my current favourite is four day county cricket.  This season so far I have been to matches at Edgbaston, Taunton, Bristol and Lord's.  I have seen four-day games and 50 over games - I was at Lord's for the RLODC final last Saturday.  I will see my first T20 game live this season on Sunday and will cover quite a few of the Blast matches.  In my ideal world, I would watch cricket most days of the summer but family and other responsibilities make that impossible.
Since I am in my seventh decade of cricket watching, I am tempted to say that I have seen more matches than you have had hot dinners; but then I don't know your eating habits.
Anyway, I will look out for you in the jacuzzi.

What's not to like? The fact we don't get enough proper cricket in the summer, 1 fixture in July is ridiculous, Lancashire have hastily arranged a2ndXlmatch on the 15th to aid Anderson's fitness to hopefully play the following week in the solitary 1st class game in the whole month - ludicrous!!! 
How many 2ndXIappearances will Trotty play over the break cos he needs red ball cricket? There's no logic whatsoever
Simon/Terry as peacemaker can I suggest the following - both go along in your speedos and debate the merits of T20 in the jacuzzi.

Terry can then do a full report for our entertainment!!!
LE - aka John
We know how it ends, we have a heated discussion before we both agree I was right
I always say - Never fall out with anyone just because they are wrong!!
LE - aka John
The thing about us both in speedos is that it will have the desired effect of filling the ground with women who know nothing about the game
(05-07-2018, 04:35 PM)narsty simon Wrote: The thing about us both in speedos is that it will have the desired effect of filling the ground with women who know nothing about the game

....but they know what they like!
Tell Mr Graves that he cab cancel The Hundred. We've found the answer.