Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham at Chester-le-Street
Trotty rescues us again after scores of 9, 18 and 15 for the 'harshly judged' three.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Talking of top3,1 of the triumvirate has gone just that
(27-06-2018, 11:17 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Talking of top3,1 of the triumvirate has gone just that

And if we are not careful they could get in the top two!!!     To think some would have prevented them from even being able to play the red ball game!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
narsty simon
Would that be the same person who told us that the match@Kent wasn't a great game even though he wasn't there?!
You may think that - I could not possibly comment!!
LE - aka John
These things are judged over time.... The triumverate have held the wooden spoon for over 70 percent of this century....and it is always be likely that one of them will again sooner or later. If it isn't one of the triumverate this year, then it will be one of the other usual suspects. Basically many division two sides can't cope in Division one..... The standard of division two is generally poor.... you will get exceptions, but many sides will at best yo-yo unless a big county goes through a fallow period. Exciting games don't always mean a high standard.... The word great is used far too easily... A great game has both .... and I honestly believe the Bears first innings performances would mean we struggle in Division one unless we get our act together.

So yes... a professional 18 county red ball game with the current crop of counties is, I'm afraid, not something that is viable much longer....
Four wickets lost in the last seven balls. Christ.
Good job we've already got a lead of over 300!
Proud to be a Bear
And we've declared! We must be confident that it's difficult batting conditions as they only need just over 3.5 an over.
Proud to be a Bear
(28-06-2018, 02:06 PM)Warleybear Wrote: These things are judged over time.... The triumverate have held the wooden spoon for over 70 percent of this century....and it is always be likely that one of them will again sooner or later. If it isn't one of the triumverate this year, then it will be one of the other usual suspects. Basically many division two sides can't cope in Division one.....  The standard of division two is generally poor....  you will get exceptions, but many sides  will at best yo-yo unless a big county goes  through a fallow period. Exciting games don't always mean a high standard.... The word great is used far too easily... A great game has both ....  and I honestly believe the Bears first innings performances would mean we struggle in Division one unless we get our act together.

So yes... a professional 18 county red ball game with the current crop of counties is, I'm afraid, not something that is viable much longer....

That's a bit (nay, a lot ) like saying football should scrap the Championship (i.e. 2nd tier) as most teams would , and do, struggle in the Premiership. Tell that to the west midland teams.
LE - aka John
This final wicket is causing a problem -c'mon Jeets
LE - aka John
Jeets answers the call with a 6-fer. Another win marked up
LE - aka John
Last day highlights here:
https://www.ecb.co.uk/video/764969/durha...d,Domestic
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Very good win and superb individual performance from Jeets just when we needed it
Agreed that this looks like it was a good all-round team performance.
Averages to date in the Championship are here:
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/...tournament
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Not great reading for Chris Wright from the bowling perspective. Plenty of wickets, but at a cost.

If only we could keep Stone fit.
(29-06-2018, 12:03 PM)Lilly Wrote: Not great reading for Chris Wright from the bowling perspective. Plenty of wickets, but at a cost.

If only we could keep Stone fit.

Chris 'high percentage of no balls is the problem