Ambrose
Barker
Wright
Patel
Brookes
Poysden
Sidebottom
OHD

I guess it'll be Hose or Lamb in Hain's place and Poysden or Sidebottom, depending on the wicket ?
Could Hose be in as opener?

Anyway if aint a turning wicket i would say both Lamb and Hose will be in the middle order.
Em's preview for Deep Extra Cover:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/sscc-...wickshire/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
stingray
(19-06-2018, 06:11 PM)Terry Wrote: Em's preview for Deep Extra Cover:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/sscc-...wickshire/

Can’t wait for cricket at such a beautiful
ground!
Good bowling effort, bit of an abject batting performance so far though
Our first innings batting displays this season are deeply concerning.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
18 wickets today - sounds like a fiery wicket. Could Kent be facing a penalty for a poor wicket?
LE - aka John
I don’t think you get penalties for poor wickets anymore - only penalised if they’re dangerous
TBF it's not a poor wicket, something in it for the bowlers but Denley and Trott showed how to play on it, beautiful ground, super weather and wonderful company - why the ecb want to mess with this great game is totally beyond me
Fair enough - it's just reading 20 wickets falling in a day and you think................

As for the ECB you wonder how their collective minds work.
LE - aka John
Either way, 125 in your first innings isn't enough, going to take another second innings turnaround for us to have a chance here.
You can see how the wickets fell here - if you can bear to look:
https://www.ecb.co.uk/video/744348/surre...d,Domestic
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Not again thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Lilly
Getting absolutely pumped here

Might be the wake up call we needed as the first innings batting performances have been below par all season. Still baffles me that Tony Frost remains our batting coach, probably an unpopular opinion, but we are up against inferior bowlers and I see no discernible improvement
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Bald Reynard
(21-06-2018, 02:58 PM)Lilly Wrote: Getting absolutely pumped here

Might be the wake up call we needed as the first innings batting performances have been below par all season. Still baffles me that Tony Frost remains our batting coach, probably an unpopular opinion, but we are up against inferior bowlers and I see no discernible improvement

I agree with you about Frosty, Lilly (and agree, that others might feel he's doing a good job - certainly it seems that the management still feel he's doing the business !).  OK, we've had a good start to Division 2 cricket - but First Innings batting performances have been dire and I feel we've been lucky that one or two Senior Pro's (Bell, Trotty and Ambrose), along with Lamb and possibly Rhodes, have managed to get it together in Second Innings.  Nobody (ie Batting Coach Frost) seems to have sorted out Hain's 'red ball' problems and nobody seems to have a clue how to get Sibley or Hose sorted in Championship cricket.  And we keep persisting with Sibley opening !  Does ANYBODY have an idea what to do with our Batting Coaching arrangements and selection choices ?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bald Reynard's post:
The Lickey Banker
(21-06-2018, 04:08 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(21-06-2018, 02:58 PM)Lilly Wrote: Getting absolutely pumped here

I agree with you about Frosty, Lilly (and agree, that others might feel he's doing a good job - certainly it seems that the management still feel he's doing the business !).  OK, we've had a good start to Division 2 cricket - but First Innings batting performances have been dire and I feel we've been lucky that one or two Senior Pro's (Bell, Trotty and Ambrose, along with Lamb and possibly Rhodes) have managed to get it together in Second Innings.  Nobody (ie Batting Coach Frost) seems to have sorted out Hain's 'red ball' problems and nobody seems to have a clue how to get Sibley or Hose sorted in Championship cricket.  And we keep persisting with Sibley opening !  Does ANYBODY have an idea what to do with our Batting Coaching arrangements and selection choices ?!

I think Ash thought that bringing in Westwood might help, but there's no discernible overall improvement from last year's batting. It seems it is only the older Pro's who have really stepped up to the mark.
"The only Good Banker .......... is a Lickey Banker"
Do we have anyone who is there for the mental side of coaching? Unless I’m mistaken Sibley has scored big runs in Second team and non first class fixtures...but keeps getting out early in competitive games.
I'd love to be proved wrong but I get the feeling that our unbeaten run will end in rather spectacular fashion in this match...
Proud to be a Bear
Great. The one chance I get to see Warwickshire live this year and we get pasted. The bowling didn't look bad but it was totally unthreatening apart from Keith Barker. I'm guessing that the atmospherics played a part as Wednesday was humid whereas yesterday was much fresher. So maybe the pitch wasn't the reason all those wickets fell on day one and we might be able to do better in the second innings. Or not.

Is Jeets always a conservative captain? Carrying on with your five main bowlers throughout a double century stand is a bit unimaginative. I'd have tried Sibley's leg breaks at some point.
Just got to bat out two days - simple
LE - aka John