Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Leicestershire
This topic is about the men's game against Leicestershire. Yet like many other topics you keep hijacking it with comments about the women's game. Can I suggest if you want to talk about the women's game you create separate specific topics
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
The Good Mugabe
Can we have a separate forum section for the women's game Paul? That would avoid confusion!
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
The Good Mugabe
(04-06-2018, 07:01 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: This topic is about the men's game against Leicestershire. Yet like many other topics you keep hijacking it with comments about the women's game. Can I suggest if you want to talk about the women's game you create separate specific topics

It's a Warwickshire fans form  doesn't specify men's only ,we have more than one cricket team and in this day and age they deserve equal billing  don't be so sexist
You have missed the point, Simon. I am not talking about the forum I am talking about the threads. This thread is headed Warks v Leics. Therefore it should not be used to talk about the England test team, weather in Australia or a game between two other teams. Nothing sexist about saying start a separate thread. In fact it would probably help to promote the women's team if there was threads that reported on matches played by them in the same way as we have threads on each Warks (men) game.
LE - aka John
The Good Mugabe
(04-06-2018, 07:24 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: You have missed the point, Simon. I am not talking about the forum I am talking about the threads.  This thread is headed Warks v Leics. Therefore it should not be used to talk about the England test team, weather in Australia or a game between two other teams. Nothing sexist about saying start a separate thread. In fact it would probably help to promote the women's team if there was threads  that reported on matches played by them in the same way as we have threads on each Warks (men) game.

Check other threads, people frequently go off topic, you haven't complained before
(04-06-2018, 07:32 AM)narsty simon Wrote:
(04-06-2018, 07:24 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: You have missed the point, Simon. I am not talking about the forum I am talking about the threads.  This thread is headed Warks v Leics. Therefore it should not be used to talk about the England test team, weather in Australia or a game between two other teams. Nothing sexist about saying start a separate thread. In fact it would probably help to promote the women's team if there was threads  that reported on matches played by them in the same way as we have threads on each Warks (men) game.

Check other threads, people frequently go off topic, you haven't complained before

Oh but I have !
LE - aka John
The Good Mugabe
Come on chaps and chappettes, can't we all just play nicely? The sun is shining, the Bears are in great form, life is good!
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(03-06-2018, 09:20 PM)Terry Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:52 PM)Malc Wrote: Terry, See my post earlier in the topic. How does Cosgrove get away with it? Is it condoned by the coaching staff? How could such a defensive approach to the second half of the game have any chance of success? I thought Mr Nixon was meant to be a genius?
I don't know the answer - other than that bad backs are hard to disprove.
If Paul Nixon thinks that there are eleven players better than Ateeq Javid, he definitely isn't a genius.  Time will tell but I think he may be someone who talks a good act but doesn't deliver.  Six players in the team born in the Southern Hemisphere and none born in Leicestershire suggests that something is wrong, though admittedly that may be partly a situation that Nixon inherited.

(03-06-2018, 09:44 PM)stingray Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:52 PM)Malc Wrote: Terry, See my post earlier in the topic. How does Cosgrove get away with it? Is it condoned by the coaching staff? How could such a defensive approach to the second half of the game have any chance of success? I thought Mr Nixon was meant to be a genius?

I actually asked Paul Nixon at a Cricket Society meeting this winter if it was a strategy to replace Cosgrove in the field with youngsters as he seems to be injured each time it comes to fielding. Not surprisingly he didn’t really answer my question. It is a shocker.

I think I was at the same meeting- the one where he accused Warwickshire of not producing an England player for years and suggesting that Leics was ‘the school of cricket’, even though their young players had been produced in the Independent school sector. But anyway, I thought they were a poor team yesterday and I don’t like the way they continually abuse the substitute fielder situation.
Excellent run of results but the Competition rules could cost us dear. Net run rate is ignored in favour of games won. This means that with amongst the best run rates and the least games lost we are likely to be eliminated if we lose to Worcestershire. By my reckoning we need Lancs to beat York’s tomorrow. All on account of two games rained off.
Stop worrying - we will smash the Pears!!!!!!!
LE - aka John
(04-06-2018, 01:18 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Stop worrying - we will smash the Pears!!!!!!!

I never stop worrying. I also don’t understand why this Competition couldn’t have had the top four sides advancing to a quarter final.
Thursday's game will be live on Sky.
(04-06-2018, 09:06 AM)Lilly Wrote: Come on chaps and chappettes, can't we all just play nicely? The sun is shining, the Bears are in great form, life is good!

I don't see anything wrong when both sides play @the same time with the women's game being commented on, remember they are the only Warwickshire team playing in the top tier and deserve credit for preserving their division 1status for next season, they haven't been @their best this year but they are lucky they have a captain who says'we go down over my dead body', that performance yesterday came from nowhere so full marks to them
(04-06-2018, 09:06 AM)Lilly Wrote: Come on chaps and chappettes, can't we all just play nicely? The sun is shining, the Bears are in great form, life is good!

Hmm - I'm in France and it's been pi$$ing down most of the day and I wanted to cut the grass so I'm entitled to have a moan. Tongue 

Seriously though I just think it would be nice if there was a thread along the lines of Warks Ladies v Lancs with reports from followers/attendees. I think there could well be positive comments from others, like me, who have not seen the ladies game and, who knows, may actually encourage some to go along and support.

And yes the Bears are in great form and we are all on the same side
LE - aka John
Do I dare mention that Birmingham women start their t20 campaign on Sunday?
Not the right result from up North today but it looks like my colleague Scott saw quite a game:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/yorks...-trafford/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(05-06-2018, 08:18 PM)Terry Wrote: Not the right result from up North today but it looks like my colleague Scott saw quite a game:
https://deepextracover.com/2018/06/yorks...-trafford/

Yorkshire result makes it pretty certain that the loser of our game with Worcs will be eliminated.