Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yorkshire
15 man squad for the Yorkshire match - just Alex Thomson dropped from the Derby squad.  Be interesting to see if there are any changes in the starting XI. 

In regard to Rednalbears's question in the Derby thread, about Woakesy not getting a game for us this week, I guess it's 'cos he was / is still contracted with the IPL ?  It's been a month since he last played though and he'll need match time, if he's going to play for England next week.
A few changes in the starting XI:-

Pollock
Trott
Hain
Bell
Hose
Ambrose
Thomason
Barker
Patel
Stone
Brookes

Yorks won the toss and elected to bat.
Good to see Brookes come in - strengthens the batting and the fielding as well as giving him an opportunity to show what he can do in white ball cricket. 
But I am glad that they are nursing him a bit - not overworking him.Too many young quick bowlers suffer from stress fractures of the back and other injuries. Let's hope that he can avoid them and continue to impress.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Yorks 73-0 off 11 overs. The bowlers are getting caned already - with today (so far) and Derby, it's just like old times (well, last season) !
Well the bowlers did get it together in the middle and end part of the Yorks innings - with the possible exception of the youngsters (Brookes & Thomason - though Aaron did get a wicket).  The batsman again did the business though - with Sam H getting another ton and Pollock, Trotty and Hose all performing really creditably. 

I think if we can sort out a couple more bowlers , we might still be in with a shout in this Tournament. Perhaps another spinner (Poysden, Singh or Thomson) and one more seamer (Rhodes or Wright - both of whom can bat as well) ?
(20-05-2018, 06:14 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Well the bowlers did get it together in the middle and end part of the Yorks innings - with the possible exception of the youngsters (Brookes & Thomason - though Aaron did get a wicket).  The batsman again did the business though - with Sam H getting another ton and Pollock, Trotty and Hose all performing really creditably. 

I think if we can sort out a couple more bowlers , we might still be in with a shout in this Tournament. Perhaps another spinner (Poysden, Singh or Thomson) and one more seamer (Rhodes or Wright - both of whom can bat as well) ?

Yes, I agree that there is a good case for a second spinner.
Sam Hain's ODI debut can't be far off now.
Another thrilling tie @Notts although we should have won, Jo Gardner who bowled brilliantly got it badly wrong in her last over then Marie Kelly delivers 3 wides, Sunday's game v Middlesex vital now
(20-05-2018, 08:43 PM)Terry Wrote:
(20-05-2018, 06:14 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Well the bowlers did get it together in the middle and end part of the Yorks innings - with the possible exception of the youngsters (Brookes & Thomason - though Aaron did get a wicket).  The batsman again did the business though - with Sam H getting another ton and Pollock, Trotty and Hose all performing really creditably. 

Yes, I agree that there is a good case for a second spinner.
Sam Hain's ODI debut can't be far off now.

A much better performance today, the bowling was unrecognisable from Thursdays display, the overall improvement in line and length gave the Yorks batsmen nothing to work with and after a decent opening partnership the wickets went down at regular intervals. 

The batting was very assured with just a few exceptions, what do you do with Ian Bell? To summarise his display today he was dropped on one, a chance that Boycotts mother would have caught in her pinnie, he fluked a boundary off a shot that he nearly knocked on and flapped around like a tail ender outside off stump for the rest of his short innings.

Luckily far more positives today and a confidence booster going into the next couple of games.

Always very enjoyable beating Yorkshire at Headingley, the supporters are so very unappreciative of any good play that doesn't involve a Yorkshire player, well done lads!!
Ah, yes. You can always tell a Yorkshire supporter. But you can't tell him much.
They like what they say and say what they like
Fantastic from Sam again. Need to see more from his fellow batsmen though, can't keep relying on him every match.
Paul fondled my onion bags.