Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England Lions
England Lions squads to go to West Indies have been picked and reveal how much ground the Bears have to make up in bringing on young players:
Lions squads
Whole tour: Keaton Jennings* (Lancashire), Joe Clarke (Worcestershire), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Jaimie Porter (Essex), Paul Coughlin (Nottinghamshire), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Nick Gubbins (Middlesex), Alex Davies (Lancashire).
Red-ball only
Haseeb Hameed (Lancashire), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex), Jack Leach (Somerset), Mason Crane (Hampshire), Josh Tongue (Worcestershire).
White-ball only
Sam Northeast (Kent), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Dom Bess (Somerset), Tom Helm (Middlesex), George Garton (Sussex), Matthew Parkinson (Lancashire).

That's 22 players from 10 counties, including six from Lancs and three from Middlesex.
If you look at the counties not represented, they are largely the also-rans of county cricket - Durham, Derbyshire, Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Leicestershire and Northants.  Then come Yorkshire and Warwickshire.  But Yorkshire supporters can point to the fact that they have three players in the full Test squad whereas Warwickshire only have Chris Woakes.
A positive spin might be that many of those six Lancashire players were helped on their way by Ashley when he was at Old Trafford so maybe it's only a matter of time before he does the same for the Bears.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Really annoyed they are only playing in Jamaica and Antigua while I will be in Barbados!!!!!! Still, it keeps the wife happy.
LE - aka John
(21-12-2017, 10:33 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Really annoyed they are only playing in Jamaica and Antigua while I will be in Barbados!!!!!! Still, it keeps the wife happy.

My heart bleeds for you having to suffer Barbados in the middle of the English winter.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I know life's a bitch at times !!
LE - aka John