Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Hampshire
I'm torn between wanting us to win (because I always want us to win) and wanting us to not win so that Middlesex get relegated, as Lord's is the nearest ground to me.
Proud to be a Bear
127/9.

Got to hope pitch and conditions are still offering a lot which you would imagine they are.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
50 for Belly.

Great to see as a massive Bell fan and also a lead of 223.
Yes, well batted. Some really nice shots to get to his 50 as well, watching from the live stream. I was worried that he might not have the heart for it next season but hopefully this innings will give him confidence to carry on and regain his best form next season.
Proud to be a Bear
(27-09-2017, 02:11 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Yes, well batted. Some really nice shots to get to his 50 as well, watching from the live stream. I was worried that he might not have the heart for it next season but hopefully this innings will give him confidence to carry on and regain his best form next season.

I think he needed this innings to show him he is still capable of it.
OHD and now Ian Bell. I am going to have indigestion from the amount of humble pie I am eating.
Great to see Bell's fire still burning.
[-] The following 2 users Like exiledinkent's post:
Leicester Exile, The Good Mugabe
So pleased for Bell. Now just another 9 wickets needed to win after OHD got his 5th of the match
LE - aka John
My guess is that, if Ian Bell had enjoyed a half-decent season, he would have been a shoo-in for a place in the Ashes party ahead of Vince and Ballance.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
That was disapointing the rain coming in 2/3 hours earlier than was forecast would like to of seen then 4/5 wickets down at the close. The batting today seemed a combination of good bowling, bad batting. Looked like Trott got a bad decision how he reacted after been given out.
Yes, 2bad decisions in 2games for Trott
(27-09-2017, 12:04 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I'm torn between wanting us to win (because I always want us to win) and wanting us to not win so that Middlesex get relegated, as Lord's is the nearest ground to me.

Seems you may get your wish unless we start to take wickets in the afternoon session. Somerset have won to confirm survival.
Big need for wickets - and quick
LE - aka John
Two more wickets have fallen after lunch, good start
6 more and over 40 overs to get them in - COYB
LE - aka John
Somerset might not be safe just yet.

BBC London's Kevin Hand has spoken to Wayne Noon, the cricket liaison officer, for the Somerset v Middlesex match.

Here's what Noon had to say...

"I've marked the pitch below average for excessive spin on days one and two.

"Days one and two it [the bounce] was fine, the odd one from the spinners on day three might have kept a bit low, but at no stage was there any thought of any unevenness."

"The criteria says it's not how it looks, it's how it plays.

"In my opinion and other people I've asked for their opinion, we've come to the same conclusion that it's excessive turn.

"There's going to be an investigation tomorrow.

"Phil Whitticase, another CLO comes in, he'll conduct an investigation and he will go through my findings and speak to both umpires, both captains and the groundstaff.

"He could downgrade it, he could upgrade it, that's entirely up to him. He looks at the evidence and he makes his own call."
Proud to be a Bear
The Cricinfo report says:
"Word is that the pitch will be marked no worse than below average. And as Somerset have not had any other wicket deemed in that category over the past 12 months, there should be no question of any docked points."
We'll have to wait and see.
I went down to Taunton today and saw the closing stages.  There was certainly plenty of turn in the pitch and a bit of variation in bounce; but in the main, it looked like good bowling and variable batting.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Middlesex are going to love us
Dawson gone!

Interesting again all of a sudden
So, Middlesex join us in Division 2. Can't be very often that the defending champions get relegated!
Proud to be a Bear
Final championship batting figures

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/county-cha...tournament
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!