Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Hampshire
(26-09-2017, 11:02 AM)DaveC Wrote:
(26-09-2017, 10:57 AM)exiledinkent Wrote: Why on earth Ian Bell wasn't asked to sit out these last few games I have no idea.
Still not to worry. There are always the post match comments to look forward to. Can I predict "Of course we are all disappointed but the boys are going to spend all winter improving their skills."

I was going to pop down tomorrow and Thursday but frankly can't face another humiliation.

If anyone thinks this side is going to stroll through D2 and be back at the top table within 12 months then dream on.

We're facing at least 2 years in the second tier IMO.

Echo both the previous posts - root and branch reform on the coaching side and fewer of the platitudes from the management side would be most welcome.

Completely agree with you Dave.
(26-09-2017, 10:52 AM)Lilly Wrote: 5/3!

I am glad we are remaining so awful until the very end, hopefully it prompts change as opposed to us dressing up what has been an awful season by winning a couple of meaningless games.

Overhaul of the coaching staff please. Let's get ourselves right off the pitch first.

You're right, on both counts, Lilly !
Promising sign that one of the new lads has succeeded today where the old guard have failed completely as ever.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Massive shame for him, stranded on 92.

Well batted though young man.
The fightback is on,Sidebottom looks a real find.
(26-09-2017, 02:58 PM)Lilly Wrote: Promising sign that one of the new lads has succeeded today where the old guard have failed completely as ever.

Totally agree. I think he will end up being a great signing

How many times this season have we been 5 down for nothing? Agree totally with all the comments today.
LE - aka John
Whose fault is it for the slow over rate - could it be Hampshire heading for a points reduction, I hope.

And who said OHD is no good with the red ball - 4 in the bag so far!!!
LE - aka John
(26-09-2017, 05:49 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Whose fault is it for the slow over rate - could it be Hampshire heading for a points reduction, I hope.

I thought Stingray would be first in with that comment. Good for him, I bear him no personal Ill will. Even so, I think that at a time when we need to develop new players, selecting someone in his tenth season and with a first class bowling average pushing 40 is dubious policy.
Agreed. But hey guys we have a first innings LEAD.

Let's hope we can build on that and defeat Hampshire and bring them down with us. Somerset look in a good position to win their game.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Harborne Bear
Meanwhile, at Taunton, I don't think it is likely that the pitch will bring a points deduction. It's no worse than Somerset followers have become used to. I think it is a bit off to play on the same pitch that was used for a four day game only a bit over a week ago but it's a game Somerset must win so, well, wouldn't you? They still have to force the win to survive but are well on the way to doing so. If we can beat Hampshire, they will go down.

One point of interest is that at least two of Middlesex's batsmen left the crease looking rather disgruntled at decisions given by umpire (and ex-Bear) Mike Burns. Perhaps it is not entirely tactful that Burns's picture appears on the wall of Somerset legends. I've no reason to think he got the decisions wrong but in a tight situation like this game perhaps neutral umpires would be an idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
narsty simon
(26-09-2017, 06:23 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote:
(26-09-2017, 05:49 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Whose fault is it for the slow over rate - could it be Hampshire heading for a points reduction, I hope.

I thought Stingray would be first in with that comment. Good for him, I bear him no personal Ill will. Even so, I think that at a time when we need to develop new players, selecting someone in his tenth season and with a first class bowling average pushing 40 is dubious policy.

Ha ha, I got beaten to it. Yes OHD bowled really well as did the others. It was a great day's cricket in good weather. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The team played like a unit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
parkfield bear
Well played to Sibly, but could easily of been one of the early victims, the ball was swinging, and seeming all over the place. Bells dismissal the ball must of pitched at least a foot outside off stump he left it so would any other batsmen with the loss of two early wickets, and hit the off stump. This morning was not bad batting just very good bowling in those conditions. A promising knock from Thompson also today. As for the rest of the match doesn't it make a change this year after two days to be in a good position.
How impressive does the Sibley knock look now after both sides have batted?
Here's my brief report of the day:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/09/warwic...edgbaston/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Another battling display from the bears,  similar to Headingley but with a lead, personally would like Middlesex relegated but we so deserve to win this game & if that sends Hants down so be it disappointed with the behaviour of that foul mouth Dawson following the controversial 'no catch' from Bailey, banter is fine but effing&jeffing in front of a female audience is appalling
(27-09-2017, 07:32 AM)narsty simon Wrote: Another battling display from the bears,  similar to Headingley but with a lead, personally would like Middlesex relegated but we so deserve to win this game & if that sends Hants down so be it disappointed with the behaviour of that foul mouth Dawson following the controversial 'no catch' from Bailey, banter is fine but effing&jeffing in front of a female audience is appalling

Must be something to do with the name Liam.  Livingstone was the same at Taunton when given out.  And then there's Liam Gallagher.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Must say fair play to Somerset who look set to avoid relegation with a win over Middlesex. They looked as dead and buried as us a few weeks back but have dug deep to notch a few wins.
Would be ungracious not to acknowledge such a decent bowling effort especially OHD. Credit to the management firm selecting him as well.
My impression is that the attack have been pretty game all summer trying to keep us in games we are losing.
What on earth have we done.

We were 50/1 a minute ago, look again and it's 65/5