Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yorks v Warwickshire
5 for! Well in Jeets, let's get the win!
Paul fondled my onion bags.
7 down with 79 to get.
May we dare to hope?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(22-09-2017, 11:26 AM)Lilly Wrote: 5 down! Go on Jeets.

Wish we had a second spinner

Well Thomson is described as an off-spinner but he has only bowled one over.
Where is Sunny Singh when we need him?
23 run partnership. Could do with ending this soon...
Make that 36. Plundering Boyd massively.
Current partnership over 60 now - game slipping away I'm afraid
LE - aka John
I suppose a closely fought defeat is better than what has gone before this season.
40 extras!
About sums up the season. A better performance than usual at least.
Disappointing to lose but in a funny way Yorkshire's survival might be to our advantage - it's going to be tough enough bouncing back from division 2 as it is, but I would fancy our chances even less if we were up against them for promotion next year. Anyway, it was good to see some fight and other than for some dodgy sounding umpire decisions we might have won this.
(22-09-2017, 02:33 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: Disappointing to lose but in a funny way Yorkshire's survival might be to our advantage - it's going to be tough enough bouncing back from division 2 as it is, but I would fancy our chances even less if we were up against them for promotion next year. Anyway, it was good to see some fight and other than for some dodgy sounding umpire decisions we might have won this.

Absolutely. I'd much prefer to be facing Somerset in Division 2 rather than the Yorkies.
The extras count proved very costly, great battling display & we didn't deserve to lose this
(22-09-2017, 02:00 PM)Malc Wrote: 40 extras!

Plus 32 from the 1st innings, so given the fact we totalled 72 extra's we did well to be in the game! Lets hope we can finish with a win next week.
the inability in both innings to finish of the tail was also a factor in the defeat
Why did Sidebottom only bowl 11 overs in the second innings and yet he took 2 wickets?
Also what was the point in playing Thomson if you are not going to give him a decent spell of bowling to show his ability?
I know its all been said.... but its been so bad that I havent really looked at the championship table this season.... having just looked to see we are some 50 points behind the team above us is truelly appalling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul