Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yorks v Warwickshire
I think what BR meant is at least we will not be asked to follow on !!

With yet another incredible batting collapse and with our being unable to take 20 wickets then as Lilly said Head Coach, Batting Coach and Bowling Coach have all failed on a major scale. In any other business or, indeed sport, heads would have rolled months ago. New blood at the top is urgently needed.
LE - aka John
Can anyone tell me why we aren't playing the likes of Hose, Pollock, Stone and Thomason in 4 day cricket ?
It looks a bit of a scatter-gun approach to blooding youngsters, which I sort of understand - building for the future and all that. Even so, I would have thought that Umeed and Singh are two players who have shown some ability already and could use all the first class experience they can get.

BTW, when was the last time Ronnie Barker was left out of the side? Assuming he's fit, that is.
(19-09-2017, 01:12 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Hose can't play, Pollock is just a white ball slogged, Stone is injured & Thomason not good enough for red ball cricket

Ok, cheers

That seems to cover it  Wink
Difficult choice@the toss whether to bat or bowl on day 1 so why not do both!
Can Yorkshire enforce the follow-on before they've batted? If they bowl us out twice, and chase the cumulative total it means everyone can get home sooner?

Fingers crossed that the 2018 season is more fun.
Batting looks very easy now
50s for Bell and Patel, well batted. Now both go on to make centuries!
Proud to be a Bear
(19-09-2017, 02:26 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: 50s for Bell and Patel, well batted. Now both go on to make centuries!

Bell didn't last long after it!
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Patel got there, out next ball
Century up for Jeets!

What a man. Puts our so called batsmen to shame
And we have a batting point - 2 games on the bounce - incredible
LE - aka John
From 50/6 or whatever we were, I will take 219 all out. Well done Jeets and Ian.
(19-09-2017, 03:44 PM)Lilly Wrote:
(19-09-2017, 02:26 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: 50s for Bell and Patel, well batted. Now both go on to make centuries!

Bell didn't last long after it!

One out of two isn't too bad!
Proud to be a Bear
Rankin not fielding!
Great century from Jeetan Patel. I do not understand why we did not take up our option to bowl first, with a 1030 start at Headingley and batting line-up very low in confidence. 10-2 off 10.1 overs and 49-6 off 28.1 overs seem to demonstrate that these were conditions in which to bowl first to take any advantage in the first couple of hours before batting became easier. Maybe a supporter there may be able to give more information.
For those who asked about Alex Thompson, an article from his local paper

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/oth...-ex-497894
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
It's hopefully an early example of the link with Staffordshire starting to pay off.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(19-09-2017, 06:46 PM)IanBear Wrote: Great century from Jeetan Patel. I do not understand why we did not take up our option to bowl first, with a 1030 start at Headingley and batting line-up very low in confidence. 10-2 off 10.1 overs and 49-6 off 28.1 overs seem to demonstrate that these were conditions in which to bowl first to take any advantage in the first couple of hours before batting became easier. Maybe a supporter there may be able to give more information.

TBF to Trott it was bright sunshine @10:00,had we bowled1st&they rattle up a big score, scoreboard pressure suggests we get less runs than we got today, we never score enough 1st up batting 1st or 2nd - been a problem for 3 seasons or more
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
IanBear
I hate to say it but it’s like a bit like a deja vue Trott / Bell get skittled out cheaply who should be the bulwark of the team This time Bell gets a fifty and the side slides to a 3 day possible defeat Only star is Mr Petal! for a well deserved ton You can have a great average by collecting runs in a selective number of innings but this doesn’t help the side collectively in the long term