Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Essex
Not getting any decisions going our way. Seems as if the umpires want Essex to win the title

Another hundred for Davies. I cant understand with all these problems England have with the top order why they don't consider playing Davies as a batsman. He's miles better than Malan

Yeah Patel unlucky to be given out LBW, and then very unlucky to not get an LBW himself. Looked out when I first saw it and it was hitting the stumps by a comfortable margin even though umpires call. I was thinking of going tomorrow but I'm not sure if I can be bothered anymore!
Proud to be a Bear
P.S Paul, I accidentally switched to the mobile version of the site and now it won't change back, is there a way for you to change it back for me?
Proud to be a Bear
Report here:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/report-...ship-2017/
Family matters are keeping me away from Edgbaston at the moment; but a few glances at Sky suggested to me that Sunny Singh should have played.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(12-09-2017, 05:11 PM)Paul Wrote: Another hundred for Davies. I cant understand with all these problems England have with the top order why they don't consider playing Davies as a batsman. He's miles better than Malan

I was watching this today. Davies is a class act although he hasn't had a great season. Of some interest was the guy at the other end for much of the innings, Tom Abell. A couple of years ago many commentators, including such a good judge as Terry Wright, had him marked down as a future England player. He then had a poor 2016 and a downright awful first half of 2017. He doesn't feature much in white ball cricket for Somerset so has had a few months to work on technique and getting his head straightened out. Whatever he has been doing, it's worked. He looked like a very good player again. Someone at Edgbaston might enquire as to who has been coaching him and see if the same trick can be worked on some of our misfiring batsmen.
(12-09-2017, 05:28 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: P.S Paul, I accidentally switched to the mobile version of the site and now it won't change back, is there a way for you to change it back for me?

Yes I'll sort it

(12-09-2017, 08:32 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 05:11 PM)Paul Wrote: Another hundred for Davies. I cant understand with all these problems England have with the top order why they don't consider playing Davies as a batsman. He's miles better than Malan

I was watching this today. Davies is a class act although he hasn't had a great season. Of some interest was the guy at the other end for much of the innings, Tom Abell. A couple of years ago many commentators, including such a good judge as Terry Wright, had him marked down as a future England player. He then had a poor 2016 and a downright awful first half of 2017. He doesn't feature much in white ball cricket for Somerset so has had a few months to work on technique and getting his head straightened out. Whatever he has been doing, it's worked. He looked like a very good player again. Someone at Edgbaston might enquire as to who has been coaching him and see if the same trick can be worked on some of our misfiring batsmen.

I know nothing!  I think I was just liking the idea of a semi-biblical England batting line-up of Hain and Abell, probably followed by the rhyming trio of Foakes, Stokes and Woakes.
I'm not sure that Somerset did Abell too many favours by making him captain of the four-day team at such a young age.

Plays for the wrong county
(12-09-2017, 09:56 PM)Paul Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 05:28 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: P.S Paul, I accidentally switched to the mobile version of the site and now it won't change back, is there a way for you to change it back for me?

Yes I'll sort it

Thanks!
Proud to be a Bear
Be quite apt if Chopra goes on to hit a century here against us.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Why on earth did we let Chopra leave?
Proud to be a Bear
He left a sinking ship and hes on his way to winning the championship with Essex for the first time in my living memory.

Another umpires call decision goes against us.
Proud to be a Bear
(13-09-2017, 11:52 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Another umpires call decision goes against us.

Saggers giving out warwickshire batsman Lbw to balls that are not hitting the stumps then giving the benefit of the doubt to the essex batsman to balls that are hitting the stumps you just cant make it up !!
Yes iit does make you wonder. Brookes looks a prospect

I was planning to get to Edgbaston this afternoon but it looks at the moment like a wasted journey - think I'll pop down to Taunton instead.
Essex looks as if they deserve their title but I was hoping that there would be a bit of a fight before the Bears succumbed.
Dreadful first hour - as you say just no fight.

Sky just announced raining in Taunton so that might be a wasted journey too.
LE - aka John
The atmosphere in the dressing room must be terrible right now. No one likes to lose, and we have constantly lost all season. I don't think it's a case of not trying, it's just all gone so badly. I think morale must be terribly low and they almost expect to get rolled over at this stage!

And for us as supporters that doesn't make pretty viewing.
Yet another innings defeat awaits. This must be just about the worst first class season in the club's history in terms of the margins of the defeats.
LE - aka John