Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Somerset
What do people reckon - will we avoid the Follow On - 39 runs to get, 4 wickets in hand ?!
(06-09-2017, 01:57 PM)Lilly Wrote: 40/5.

Just throw in the white towel lads, this is embarrassing

Yes, this is embarrassing !  Would be even worse without KB - with him there, we MIGHT avoid the F/O.

PS Just seen Jeets is out - down to Barker and Wright I think - AGAIN ?!
Well we've made it past 100!!
Proud to be a Bear
Well done Keith once more, keeping up his batting average as our second best batsman this season scoring more runs than Umeed, Bell, Ambrose, Porterfield, Hain etc.

Some of our batting this season has been truly pathetic. Bell has 388 runs from 17 innings. Saddening to see my hero playing like this.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(06-09-2017, 02:50 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 01:57 PM)Lilly Wrote: 40/5.

Just throw in the white towel lads, this is embarrassing

Yes, this is embarrassing !  Would be even worse without KB - with him there, we MIGHT avoid the F/O.

PS Just seen Jeets is out - down to Barker and Wright I think - AGAIN ?!

KB and Wrighty LOOK like they've helped us avoid the F/O.  We MIGHT even get a draw out of this, IF the batsmen turn up for the Second Innings (BIG IF !).  Not that it will help our battle against relegation - I think its too late for that now - but it might help us avoid bottom spot at the end of the season .
Follow on avoided!!
Proud to be a Bear
Simply, if we can't beat Somerset we do not deserve to remain in Div 1
LE - aka John
146 all out - the word pathetic comes to mind.

If, as it looks, we lose this match then I do believe Trott Bell and Ambrose should drop down in to the 2nds. Sibley also needs to step up to the plate having insisted he wants automatic inclusion in to top 3.
LE - aka John
I don't think much would be gainedby Trott and Ambrose dropping to the 2nds - their experience could help the younger players develop.
Proud to be a Bear
But they are not performing along with Bell so they are hardly helping the youngsters
LE - aka John
(06-09-2017, 04:32 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: 146 all out - the word pathetic comes to mind.

If, as it looks, we lose this match then I do believe Trott Bell and Ambrose should drop down in to the 2nds. Sibley also needs to step up to the plate having insisted he wants automatic inclusion in to top 3.

We can judge Sibley next season I think. this one has gone now

(06-09-2017, 04:57 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: But they are not performing along with Bell so they are hardly helping the youngsters

Ambrose scored a century last match! And Trott is our highest averaging batsman this season! Not to mention the fact that he's the captain.
Proud to be a Bear
Meanwhile, Sidebottom has 2 in 2. All out for 30 and then we can knock off the 180-odd to win!
Proud to be a Bear
Perhaps I am just a bit miffed - they just don't seem to perform when we need it, like today
LE - aka John
The biggest problem is finding a batter who can successfully combine the captaincy - 2onlyin recent times Nick Knight & Marie Kelly!!
Another awful match in an awful season.

We have been beaten out of sight in all but one of the games that we have lost this season. Is it 3 defeats by an innings?

This is an absolute hammering by a poor team.

We do not deserve to stay up and it will actually do us good to go down as long as we regroup properly next season, there are good signs.

Bell, Trott & Ambrose need to step up and babysit the team to promotion next year in what will probably be their swansong.
(07-09-2017, 07:09 AM)narsty simon Wrote: The biggest problem is finding a batter who can successfully combine the captaincy - 2onlyin recent times Nick Knight & Marie Kelly!!

interesting Simon, Maddy did well as a batsman but the team failed. Troughton did well as captain. Maybe the answer is to choose a bowler.

Will Jeets be back for second division cricket next season?
N.B. I wouldn't have him as captain. Not sure who from the bowlers would be considered.
I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about, we only need 402 to win in 1 and a half days, should be pretty straightforward!
Proud to be a Bear
Good strategy to feed them runs so they set us an easy target.