Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire v Warwickshire
Since NS asked the question i pretty much agree with everything that has been posted on here. Of course i hope we stay up, but wouldn't be the end of the world if we did as Paul has just mentioned. With only 8 teams, and 2 down you would think every team is going to be relegated over a 10 year period, just look at Yorkshire they could also go down this year. In my opinion professional sport is all about winning trophies so given the state of the season when Simon asked the question then yes i would take winning the T20 over getting relegated. Me, and Simon had this same conversation this time last year when there was a chance of us getting relegated, but still in the 1 day cup competition, and that turned out well. Looks like we are 99% certain going down, but would probably come straight back up again. 5/10 years time most people would of forget we went down, but would remember us winning the T20 tomorrow if we win it. Winning trophies makes your club, becomes part of your history which can nether be taken away from you. Every year when we receive the year book there it is on the first 3/4 pages what trophies we have won in our history of Warwickshire county cricket club.
[-] The following 2 users Like rednalbear's post:
Paul, paulbear
(01-09-2017, 11:34 AM)Terry Wrote: I am trying to convince myself that Warwickshire are more likely to be in the top division in 2019 if they go down this year and rebuild in Division Two rather than trying to do it in Division One next year and going down then.  That may be true, in which case, I would obviously go for winning T20 this year.
From a purely selfish point of view, I may be able to look forward in 2108 to more four day fixtures local to me in Bristol - Gloucestershire, Glamorgan, probably Somerset and possibly Worcestershire.

Your vision of your future looks a bit optimistic, Terry
LE - aka John
(01-09-2017, 12:58 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 11:34 AM)Terry Wrote: I am trying to convince myself that Warwickshire are more likely to be in the top division in 2019 if they go down this year and rebuild in Division Two rather than trying to do it in Division One next year and going down then.  That may be true, in which case, I would obviously go for winning T20 this year.
From a purely selfish point of view, I may be able to look forward in 2108 to more four day fixtures local to me in Bristol - Gloucestershire, Glamorgan, probably Somerset and possibly Worcestershire.

Your vision of your future looks a bit optimistic, Terry
Yes, I see what you mean!
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Some counties you see less than others... for me the one county who I hardly ever see is Kent.... so perhaps next year.