Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire v Warwickshire
Would be good to see us overtake Livingstone's score.
Is there really still a day left?
Well we should at least make them bat again, which is something. Shame this isn't our first innings!
Proud to be a Bear
As our tail usually outperforms the top 5 I expect we will have a lead of at least 150 and, as has been said, Jeets will finish them off. On the otherhand it will rain all day!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
4games left I reckon96points will see us safe
(30-08-2017, 08:40 PM)narsty simon Wrote: 4games left I reckon96points will see us safe

Simple Exclamation
LE - aka John
In theory
How many on here would rather Birmingham win on Saturday than Warwickshire avoid relegation? Bet I know who!
Surely everyone would want both?

In the four day game we are going to have to rebuild... that is going to take atleast a couple of seasons. The reality is that now it is unfortunatley very likely that this process will get underway in division 2. In some ways that may be a better environment for that process to be kick started rather than struggling next year. So if we accept that relegation is sadly likely to become a reality (our position says it is), then to secure the T20 trophy would be a brilliant achievement..... to not wish for that would be a very sad inditement of any Bears supporter...... so as a Bears supporter I hope for both.... but reading LEs earlier post.... sadly only the T20 is a possibilty... in the championship we need snookers.
The question was either or, you can't have both
I asked the same question to bears fans here@this game, they have all given the answer I expected, funny that the fans of proper cricket aren't shy to commit whereas you T20 slog maniacs seem shy to come out
Yawn .....

Moveing on.....hopefully the Bears can get something out of tomorrow and pull the impossible out of the championship bag this season...... I fear it will now take snookers.
Funny how no-one I asked today found the question tedious, then again they follow the Bears everywhere throughout the championship season, it was meant as a bit of fun get a soh for goodness sake!
Got to say didn't seem funny, just a standard dig along the lines of T20 is rubbish and doesn't matter, the championship is the only thing that matters, if you don't agree you're somehow not a proper fan.

Everyone here follows Warwickshire in their own way as their lives allow.

We should rally behind the Bears regardless of format :)
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bloomy's post:
Warleybear
Perhaps no one on here was that bothered about the question in the first place.
Not sure if we can expect much out of today .... apart from sunshine...
I know Simon's question was aimed at Warley-baiting but I'll answer it in a way that may be surprising. I would rather we were relegated.

That's because even though the squad looks far more promising than it did at the start of this season, it's still not of Division One standard. I think we're about the equivalent of Kent at the moment, maybe Sussex, not Nottinghamshire and not really any of the other Division One teams. The new lads need a season or two to gel, after which I have every expectation that we will be back in the big time.

So while that's happening, let's win a trophy and get some confidence back. Even if it is rather like the LDV Vans Cup.
[-] The following 2 users Like GrizzlyBear's post:
Bald Reynard, paulbear
I'm with Grizzly on this. With a number of young 'uns coming through it would help their development playing the likes of Leics, Derbys, Northants (see Warley they do have their use!) without any fear of relegation rather than continually playing the top 7 counties. And winning one-day trophies along the way keeps the spirit up and the supporters happy.
LE - aka John
Add to that the prize money for winning the T20 is not insubstantial, and this could be used to pay off some of our debt, or recruit some new players, or both.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
Bald Reynard
(30-08-2017, 11:15 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Yawn .....

Moveing on.....hopefully the Bears can get something out of tomorrow and pull the impossible out of the championship bag this season...... I fear it will now take snookers.

I half agree with you Warley.  Personally, I think we'll win the T20 tomorrow - but get relegated (and we'll get confirmation of that well before the end of the season)