Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire v Warwickshire
Well I think that Ashley is doing quite a good job of shaking things up on the field. New signings, young players being given a chance, Rikki Clarke being allowed to go (a sign to a few of the other senior players maybe) and a change of captain.
Bob Woolmer came from outside and so did Greatbatch so I'm not sure what that proves.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Wasn't Greatbatch academy coach prior to getting the top job?
(29-08-2017, 10:49 AM)narsty simon Wrote: Wasn't Greatbatch academy coach prior to getting the top job?

Thats right Simon he was.

(28-08-2017, 08:29 PM)Jon Wrote: I don't question his motivation.

Unfortunately I think his eye has gone which happens.

I hope whatever happens we keep him around the Club. He's a product of our County and he understands the real identity of the Club. Too many others who have come into the Club don't and I really feel he is a crucial figure at a vulnerable time for the Warwickshire County Cricket Club.

Good points Jon. I'm basing pretty much all my points on Bell's T20 innings against Northants and CC first innings knock against Middix. His eye going would account for both those innings. I probably phrased that badly, but lack of purpose is probably more what I meant than motivation. Bell's achieved everything to achieve in the game, not sure what else he is aiming at.

As your other respondents have pointed out, him still being involved at the club barely seems an issue. But I agree that an outsider would be good for some creative dissonance. It's a truism that different personalities are required to build a good team, and all our coaching panel are from the mid-nineties team. Different personalities at the time, sure, but they will have blended into the same beliefs now.

A batting coach from overseas would be a great addition in my view. I think Giles has done a terrific job with the new recruits and they all clearly know their role. With the batsmen in particular, and I'm thinking Hain here, there's a risk of backsliding with poor coaching.
This morning is not starting too well, Livingstone appears to be in good form!
Chanderpaul looks like he is in the mood to bat all day.
(29-08-2017, 12:27 PM)Terry Wrote: Chanderpaul looks like he is in the mood to bat all day.

&beyond
Chanderpaul didn't, but Livingstone may well do
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Another career best score against us!
A bad day at the office. The pitch has a bit of uneven bounce and there is a bit of turn there. There were plenty of good balls that beat the bat but too many loose ones. And Livingstone and Chanderpaul both batted really well.
Tomorrow could be another tough day followed, I fear, by a day off on Thursday.
I'll be amazed if Lancashire don't declare now the lead is past 300. Off for rain at the moment and more forecast tomorrow.
They have declared.

Just show some fight eh lads. Please
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Sweep stake .... 114 all out?
(30-08-2017, 12:46 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Sweep stake .... 114 all out?

There's optimism Tongue
LE - aka John
We'll set them 128 in the 4th innings, and Jeets will tweak them out.
That's how you do 'optimism' (or is it delusion?).
[-] The following 1 user Likes philly's post:
Leicester Exile
I think youve read the game well Philly .... whatever LE may say ;-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Leicester Exile
Openers surviving but never seen the ball go past the bat so much. More misses than at a Spinsters' Convention
Well, Terry that lost us our first wicket!!!!!

What I want t know is why it's not raining in Manchester of all places.
LE - aka John
Four down.  It'll be a good one to win from here.
You would think we might go down with all guns blazing instead of this capitulation.The revival was short lived.