Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire v Warwickshire
Back to "proper" cricket next week.
I plan on being up at Old Trafford for a couple of days for what will be a key match.
Guide here:
http://www.lccc.co.uk/cricket/news/2017-...-trafford/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like Terry's post:
Lilly, Paul
Massive game and another must win.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(25-08-2017, 12:30 PM)Terry Wrote: Back to "proper" cricket next week.
I plan on being up at Old Trafford for a couple of days for what will be a key match.
Guide here:
http://www.lccc.co.uk/cricket/news/2017-...-trafford/
Good manTerry I'm  there all game
Looks like a strong Lancashire squad:
http://www.lccc.co.uk/cricket/news/2017-...ire-clash/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Preview from official site and squad https://warwickshireccc.com/news/preview...ship-2017/

Sam and Rankin are omitted from the side.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Not the start we'd have wanted...

Captaincy bug passed to Trott and his batting now
And Bell out for 14. Super
Bells last season?
(28-08-2017, 12:57 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Bells last season?

Bell instead of Hain must have been a marginal call. I have nothing but admiration for Ian Bell but this is uncomfortable at the moment. A Test recall on the back of a mountain of County runs seems a distant dream.
Thanks for taking that question the right way....
I've already accepted relegation this season, we can't lose that many matches early on and expect to survive, but I do want to see some fight and determination. Hopefully by season end some of the younger players will have experienced lessons to be learned which they can use next year. I'm expecting even more of the older players to leave and will think our next years starting eleven to be drastically different to how it shaped up this year.

I'm glad Umeed has shown some guts and scored some runs, hopefully Lamb will too.

Well you were right many years ago about a former legend

I read Ian Bell's column in the Bham Post which suggests he's got no plans to retire yet. I for one hope he doesn't - I would love to see him rediscover his best form and bow out in 2/3 years on a high note. I firmly believe he will do so, given the chance, and ironically might have felt under more pressure today because the weight of expectation was probably greater because he'd relinquished the captaincy.

I'm all for giving new blood a chance and have been encouraged by some shrewd looking signings over the last few weeks. We need to be careful that we don't throw the baby out with the bath water, however, and a balance needs to be struck. In my view that means keeping faith in IB. Having said that, If I was Ashley Giles a new wicket keeper would be high on my shopping list - Tim's getting no younger and I'm not convinced by Mellor although in fairness I haven't seen a huge amount of him.
(28-08-2017, 02:25 PM)Paul Wrote:

Well you were right many years ago about a former legend

Sadly yes.... Warwickshire v Middlesex... remember the game well .... you can sadly always look back and remember when you noticed it. :-( Seems a long time ago now..

Terrible situation... Unfortunatley with nine wickets downfor 118, Bears are in a bleak position requireing a miracle from the last pair to atleast give us something to bowl at.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
All out... but .... Wow ! A batting point.....
Anyone notice the irony of our late order batsmen having to scrape together last ditch runs for batting credibility while our most successful academy graduates of the last few years are having to scrape together last ditch runs to give England a chance of retaining batting credibility.

Could go any of a number of ways with Bell. Compared to previous posts, I think there are little expectations on him, before or after losing the captaincy, compared to being England's number four. As I mentioned before, motivation is the thing with him. I notice the article that says he's no intention of quitting and those late career runs are still there to get. It's laudable, and I hope he succeeds, but I think likelier he's in a career-ending slump now.
I don't question his motivation.

Unfortunately I think his eye has gone which happens.

I hope whatever happens we keep him around the Club. He's a product of our County and he understands the real identity of the Club. Too many others who have come into the Club don't and I really feel he is a crucial figure at a vulnerable time for the Warwickshire County Cricket Club.
Good points Jon.

With regard to your third point.... understand your arguement, but this can go to extremes..... I thought there were a lot who have a history at the club who were now in senior non playing positions? Giles, Troughton..... etc. etc. My conern was that sometimes you need a view from outside when it comes to the players? Sometimes it can be all too comfortable?
Agree Warley,l don't question the credentials of Ashley or Jim,they win the championship together but it's got too cosy - we need an outsider who will ruffle a few feathers& upset people along the way but this is a results business, l also accept we have no right to be successful all the time but as a passionate bears fan I'm guilty of impatience &I look @Yorkshire pre&post Gillespie
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Warleybear
[quote='narsty simon' pid='98576' dateline='1503960092']
Agree Warley,l don't question the credentials of Ashley or Jim,they win the championship together but it's got too cosy - we need an outsider who will ruffle a few feathers& upset people along the way but this is a results business,

Greatbach fitted that criteria once upon a time Biggrin
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear