Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter Finals
Those supporters obviously have not forgotten who we are.
Warwickshire County Cricket Club shared Birmingham Bears's post.
5 hrs ·
Birmingham Bears
5 hrs ·

? TICKET ANNOUNCEMENT ? As winners of the quarter final the Bears have an allocation of T20 finals day tickets for members and season pass holders! These will go on sale at 10am on Tuesday - online, over the phone or in the club shop. A link will be emailed out to purchase on Tuesday morning. If there are any remaining they will go on general sale Wednesday at 10am. Thanks for all the support Bears fans!
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Good news for any of you who want tickets and I hope you manage to get some so we can all shout out for our team.
Mention must be made of our highly successful women's team led by Marie Kelly who if they beat either Yorkshire today or Lancashire tomorrow will be crowned County Champions!!! They have only recently been promoted from the second division. They play at Portland Road and it is a 50 over competition. Amy Jones and Jenny Gunn (world cup winner) are England players and members of the squad.
[-] The following 2 users Like parkfield bear's post:
Paul, Warleybear
It really seems to be comming together for the Birmingham Bears this summer... if Warwickshire Bears can pull that 'feel good factor and form" into the championship for the rest of the season then whatever formats you like, we can all be happy. The future looks brighter... really looking forward to the final.

Good luck to the Bears womens team.... nice day to watch some cricket.
(27-08-2017, 10:30 AM)parkfield bear Wrote: Mention must be made of our highly successful women's team led by Marie Kelly who if they beat either Yorkshire today or Lancashire tomorrow will be crowned County Champions!!! They have only recently been promoted from the second division. They play at Portland Road and it is a 50 over competition. Amy Jones and Jenny Gunn (world cup winner) are England players and members of the squad.
Good news. Never knew Jenny Gunn played for our ladies

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
narsty simon
(27-08-2017, 10:30 AM)parkfield bear Wrote: Mention must be made of our highly successful women's team led by Marie Kelly who if they beat either Yorkshire today or Lancashire tomorrow will be crowned County Champions!!! They have only recently been promoted from the second division. They play at Portland Road and it is a 50 over competition. Amy Jones and Jenny Gunn (world cup winner) are England players and members of the squad.

Great words, good to see someone else bigging up the ladies game, unfortunate defeated yesterday so fingers crossed for today, those not coming to Manchester I ask you to attend & give them much deserved support
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Paul
(28-08-2017, 09:21 AM)narsty simon Wrote:

Great words, good to see someone else bigging up the ladies game, unfortunate defeated yesterday so fingers crossed for today, those not coming to Manchester I ask you to attend & give them much deserved support
Two very poor days for the Warwickshire girls, 82 all out yesterday and 88 all out today losing by 5 wickets. Not at full strength and replacements not ready yet. However Played 7 won 5 is not to be sniffed at. Enjoyed watching them and they seem to have enjoyed playing. More spectators than for men's games at the ground which is encouraging.
Yes disappointing to have missed out @the death twice but badly weakened-Amy Jones batter/keeper a particularly big loss
One thing I forgot to mention about Friday is that I'm pretty sure I was sat immediately behind BBC news arts correspondent Will Gompertz (or his doppelgänger). He came out for the second innings wearing one of the Warwickshire wigs so it seems as though he was supporting us!
Proud to be a Bear