Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter Finals
Great result. Well done you Bears!
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Bears v Glamorgan
Good draw. Glad to avoid Notts

Yes a very good evening for the Bears...
(25-08-2017, 10:12 PM)coolerking Wrote: Great result. Well done you Bears!

OMG! I hid behind a cushion for the last few balls - like watching daleks when I was a child. Absolutely fantastic. Even sweeter to see Gareth Batty's miserable face at the end!
[-] The following 2 users Like stingray's post:
Harborne Bear, Warleybear
After ten overs of the Surrey innings I thought we had lost it.... but we really realed Surrey back from what could have been a massive total. Our batsmen really went about the task... there are a few Bears players that now look very exciting. How have we managed to change so much so quickly.
What a performance and what character to turn the season around like this. Well done you bears, great to see the team play with such confidence and to beat the cocky Surrey swaggers! Disappointed with Rikki Clarke's reaction to taking a couple of wickets, although I'm grateful to him for his overall contribution which helped propel us to finals day!
(25-08-2017, 10:21 PM)Warleybear Wrote: After ten overs of the Surrey innings I thought we had lost it.... but we really realed Surrey back from what could have been a massive total. Our batsmen really went about the task... there are a few Bears players that now look very exciting. How have we managed to change so much so quickly.

By making some very shrewd signings. Fair play to Ashley and Jim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Paul
Woakes for the final would be great. I don't expect the ECB to not allow it. Plenty of Test players in last years finals day. That will really strengthen the team. Not sure if Hose will play due to some sort of 'gentlemen's Agreement' between ourselves and Somerset. Shame if he doesn't as he has played a major part with the bat.
(25-08-2017, 10:15 PM)stingray Wrote:
(25-08-2017, 10:12 PM)coolerking Wrote: Great result.  Well done you Bears!

OMG! I hid behind a cushion for the last few balls - like watching daleks when I was a child. Absolutely fantastic. Even sweeter to see Gareth Batty's miserable face at the end!

Yes but to be fair, Gareth Batty was extremely gracious in defeat when he was interviewed on Sky.  He was the same when Surrey lost the Royal London final.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Paul
(25-08-2017, 10:22 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: What a performance and what character to turn the season around like this. Well done you bears, great to see the team play with such confidence and to beat the cocky Surrey swaggers! Disappointed with Rikki Clarke's reaction to taking a couple of wickets, although I'm grateful to him for his overall contribution which helped propel us to finals day!

I've no problem whatsoever with Rikki Clarke celebrating getting a wicket.  Having said that, he did have a shocker of a game.
Yes ... to be fair batty was gracious in defeat.... not my cup of tea.... but the game needs characters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
Anyone know if further tickets will be released for finals day or is it really a sell out?
(25-08-2017, 10:23 PM)paulbear Wrote: Woakes for the final would be great. I don't expect the ECB to not allow it. Plenty of Test players in last years finals day. That will really strengthen the team. Not sure if Hose will play due to some sort of 'gentlemen's Agreement' between ourselves and Somerset. Shame if he doesn't as he has played a major part with the bat.

Surely it was only if we met Somerset - which isn't going to happen. Impressive player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Paul
(25-08-2017, 10:31 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: Anyone know if further tickets will be released for finals day or is it really a sell out?

My understanding is they hold tickets back - I've always managed to get them after the quarter finals.
(25-08-2017, 10:32 PM)stingray Wrote:
(25-08-2017, 10:31 PM)Harborne Bear Wrote: Anyone know if further tickets will be released for finals day or is it really a sell out?

My understanding is they hold tickets back - I've always managed to get them after the quarter finals.

Just looked on the site and it is sold out - I guess there may be some returns?
(25-08-2017, 10:35 PM)stingray Wrote:

From Surrey fans!
(25-08-2017, 10:35 PM)stingray Wrote:

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/icc-champions-...=price+asc
A few days ago there wers a good few seats available..... tickets must have sold quickly.
As I pointed out a few days ago, the stupid thing about releasing tickets too soon is that if our team don't get to the final, we have a lot of fans who support none of the 4 teams and do they really want to be there. I thought we would get to finals day in 2009 and got a ticket about 2 days before our quarter final which we lost and then had to sit and watch 3 very one-sided games which was a bore. If some of our fans wait (And why shouldn't they), Hampshire, Notts and Glamorgan fans having seen their matches first, get to eat up any tickets left. I got mine on Wednesday on a whim and I was lucky. In 2014 I got mine whilst our quarter-final was still being played as it was obvious we were going to win. On Wednesday there were not that many left. The only way to get any might be to go on 'Get Me In' or 'Viagogo' but you will pay a bit more.