Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Pears
Spot on report, Terry, and get well soon.
LE - aka John
Get well soon Terry

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
(04-08-2017, 09:53 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I'd drop Rankin for Pollock next match. We need the extra batting.

We desperately need someone to bowl in the first six overs apart from Barker. So short of options without Clarke and Hannon-Dalby. It was ridiculous Rankin and De Grandhomme bowling 3 of the first 6 overs with the short leg side boundary. De Grandhomme bowled 3 leg side full tosses and conceded more runs in one over than any other Bears bowler did in total! Cannot understand with Sibley providing a second spin option why him or Patel or Elliott did not bowl in the first six overs. Poor captaincy!

We may still qualify for the quarter finals but the runs we are leaking in the first six overs would lead to defeat against other qualified teams in the quarter finals or Finals Day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanBear's post:
Leicester Exile
Absolutely agree - a spinner should have been used in the power play once it's obvious the quicks are leaking runs. Worcs did with good effect. Rankin has got to be dropped - it just looks as if he is not using his brain. The big man is hardly worthy of his place as a bowler.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
Thanks for the good wishes.
I hope that I am well on the road to recovery now, thanks to the staff at the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
I'm not bowling off my long run yet but it's just a matter of time.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Yes you'll soon be back to your two yard run up

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Leicester Exile
Ditto on all the good wishes Terry and please keep coming with the articles and viewpoints.

You always write a lot of good sense - even if I disagree with you occasionally!   angel
(06-08-2017, 10:54 AM)DaveC Wrote: Ditto on all the good wishes Terry and please keep coming with the articles and viewpoints.

You always write a lot of good sense - even if I disagree with you occasionally!   angel

Thanks! If we agreed about everything it would be boring.
Yes Terry.... having had a nasty dose of bronchitis earlier in the year, just take your time to get back to medium pace..... dont rush.

Take care!!!!
(06-08-2017, 12:54 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Yes Terry.... having had a nasty dose of bronchitis earlier in the year, just take your time to get back to medium pace..... dont rush.

Take care!!!!

Thanks, Warley - and, as I said about the pneumonia, there are no nice doses of bronchitis!
Very true.... Ive had some very nasty sinus problems since that back in January that are only just starting to wear off.... so just take it easy :-)