Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Pears
Clawing it back after a terrible start. I like the look of Sibley already.

What can be said about that CDG over...
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Yes tough day for Mellor

Definitely chaseable with the short boundary, but I hope we start off quicker than we usually do and don't leave too much to do later on.
Proud to be a Bear
Bell needs to step down in this format. Batting just has not been up to it throughout
Completely tossed this away. Three wickets in two overs
Great crowd.... cricket is the winner here!
But the Bears won't be, Bell embarrassing on this format. Pollock would have been a much better option.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
Santner been the difference

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
IanBear
Poor performance. Chance to take the initiative wasted.
Proud to be a Bear
I'd drop Rankin for Pollock next match. We need the extra batting.
Proud to be a Bear
Close..... but Bell has gone....

Excellent evening out though.
Helmet was the difference in the end. That's laziness not getting that of the pitch

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Warleybear
(04-08-2017, 09:55 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Close..... but Bell has gone....

Excellent evening out though.

Hain was better at the top of the order

I'm surprised we chose to bowl first given that we're so much better when setting a score.
Proud to be a Bear
Cannot understand why, if batting conditions are right and you have defended scores recently, why you would want to bowl first. It seems to be something we have always done without thinking that's why I was so pleased when Chopra chose to bat first when we won it in 2014. Thought Sibley was a major surprise especially as his bowling is almost non-existent. Well done Bell for keeping him on instead of just being happy with a couple of overs.We did well to keep it under 200 seeing as it was 83-1(6) in the powerplay overs. Boyd looks so ordinary when he bowls short which is a surprise with his height and when he has bowled very full, sides have struggled to score off him. As usual though we got out to the 'Military Medium' brigade and made Santner who has 56 wickets in 36 first class games, look like Bishen Bedi. The thing is now, where do we fit all these players, will we see Pollock, Porterfield, Javid or Poysden again.
(04-08-2017, 09:55 PM)Paul Wrote: Helmet was the difference in the end. That's laziness not getting that of the pitch

Being honest worcester let Birmingham off the hook after the start they got !! Should of scored 220 plus keeping birmingham in the game !!  Jeets world class once again
(04-08-2017, 10:59 PM)paulbear Wrote: Cannot understand why, if batting conditions are right and you have defended scores recently, why you would want to bowl first. It seems to be something we have always done without thinking that's why I was so pleased when Chopra chose to bat first when we won it in 2014. Thought Sibley was a major surprise especially as his bowling is almost non-existent. Well done Bell for keeping him on instead of just being happy with a couple of overs.We did well to keep it under 200 seeing as it was 83-1(6) in the powerplay overs. Boyd looks so ordinary when he bowls short which is a surprise with his height and when he has bowled very full, sides have struggled to score off him. As usual though we got out to the 'Military Medium' brigade and made Santner who has 56 wickets in 36 first class games, look like Bishen Bedi. The thing is now, where do we fit all these players, will we see Pollock, Porterfield, Javid or Poysden again.

I thought Santner outbowled Jeetan because he bowled much slower and got it to grip more

On a positive note.... it was really good to see the large number of families that attended last night. Despite the result not being great, I thought it was an excellent evening and thought Edgbaston and all its staff did a very good job.
Here's my report on the game, done, I have to confess, from the comfort of my armchair.  I am recovering from a nasty bout of pneumonia (and there are no nice bouts) so a bit housebound at present.
http://deepextracover.com/2017/08/rapids...g-contest/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(05-08-2017, 10:07 AM)Terry Wrote: Here's my report on the game, done, I have to confess, from the comfort of my armchair.  I am recovering from a nasty bout of pneumonia (and there are no nice bouts) so a bit housebound at present.
http://deepextracover.com/2017/08/rapids...g-contest/

Great report. Thanks for the link.