Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesex v Warwickshire
28/4 Woakes has joined the party! 6 to go - COYB
LE - aka John
34/5 - half way there
LE - aka John
Gubbins will only bat if absolutely necessary due to a hamstring injury. You've got to think that it's going to be necessary, unless they decide it's not worth the risk.
Proud to be a Bear
Superb boys keep it going
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Franklin gone.
3 a piece for Barker and Woakes - keep that rain away, PLEASE
LE - aka John
I still believe we batted too long... I think the weather forecast was very risky and we should have declared late yesterday. 250 runs would always have been enough.... fingers crossed...... we certainly aren't wasting any time now ..... ripping through them. With heavy rain forecast later this afternoon and tomorrow, we need to finish this quickly.
I don't think you can ever make a declaration purely based on the weather forecast myself.

[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
Leicester Exile, narsty simon
Absolutely agree Paul. You do that and then, as so often happens, they get the forecast wrong and we would all be moaning the target set wasn't high enough - anyway just one more needed
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
narsty simon, Paul
anyway only one wicket left to take

I'd quite like us to take the last wicket soon as there's rain not too far away...
Proud to be a Bear
.... and 250 would have been enough.... I would normally agree Paul..... but on this occasion a draw would not have been any good.

Anyway.... as the rain clouds build.... one more wicket...... lets hope it doesnt chuck it down to prove my point ;-)

Jeets bowling figures look good btw... in both innings.
Last wicket partnership holding us up and scoring plenty as well. Need to bring back Barker and Woakes.
LE - aka John
Well, that was delightfully unexpected.
Sidebottom gets the last wicket - phew! Well played lads.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
Paul
Great win, and by a huge margin after being bowled out first up for 126.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes coolerking's post:
Paul
Great effort, some new younger faces have certainly freshened things up and livened up some of the old guard.

Not perfect but plenty of impetus to take through the rest of the season ........... more importantly the players will now be convinced they can dig themselves out of this mess, hopefully it will not be a case of "too little too late".
[-] The following 1 user Likes South Coast Bear's post:
Paul
Table looks a little better but still a long way to go:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/table/series...vision-one
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
Yes.... excellent result.... well done.

A decleration of around 180 would have done ;-)

If my maths are correct.... we may even have got off the bottom for now?
Still a tall order & if we avoid relegation it will be like winning the championship, I am absolutely buzzing, it may be a school night but I am going to sink a few 126all out 1st dig&we win in a canter, does it get any better than this?