Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesex v Warwickshire
(06-08-2017, 12:49 PM)Warleybear Wrote: A really good morning for the Bears..... it could have been so much worse.

......... we could have been bowled out by lunch....

Yorkshire are trying to out do us with 9 wickets down.
A different looking side but alas, no change in fortune. Even on the rare time we do win the toss, we bat and get this showing. Agree with those who do not like the new 'cricinfo' layout, it is awful and so complicated. Why change something that was fine before.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
IanBear, Paul
We havent changed the captain yet.......
(06-08-2017, 11:25 AM)Paul Wrote: Why no hose?

Hose can't play in the championship until Somerset are safe from relegation, gentlemen's agreement between the 2 counties
So, middle of summer. and it's the usual Hose ban !!!
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Harborne Bear, IanBear
(06-08-2017, 01:51 PM)Warleybear Wrote: We havent changed the captain yet.......

This will not happen this season.

Not easy when the captain's brother-in-law is the First Team Coach.
All out for 126 on first day. If we can take a bucket of wickets today is there a chance Middlesex could be deducted a load of points?
LE - aka John
(06-08-2017, 01:05 PM)paulbear Wrote: A different looking side but alas, no change in fortune. Even on the rare time we do win the toss, we bat and get this showing. Agree with those who do not like the new 'cricinfo' layout, it is awful and so complicated. Why change something that was fine before.

Maybe not a good toss to win or to bat first with. Was impressed with Middlesex seam bowling attack at Edgbaston and Finn also playing today.

Agree about the poor new layout on Cricinfo, the home page is so "headline" and news based now rather than for ease of obtaining scorecard information on current matches. The site also loads slowly, mainly due to the various ads.

I have stopped using it for finding current match information. County cricket scorecard information on bbc sport site much quicker to obtain, already use total cricket scorer for 2ndXI and Birmingham League scorecards.
I thought I might be the in the minority about hating the new cricinfo format, but I haven't heard from anyone who has positive things to say. Didn't they beta test it, or get user feedback before rolling it out. It's a disaster.

It's a bit like our batting.
[-] The following 2 users Like philly's post:
Harborne Bear, IanBear
(06-08-2017, 09:22 AM)Terry Wrote: Here's my preview.
http://deepextracover.com/2017/08/sscc-p...wickshire/
Let's hope that the dodgy forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday is wrong and that Chris Woakes will be all out to prove to the England selectors that he is in top form.
Not sure the day 3 and 4 weather is going to be a issue.
(06-08-2017, 03:24 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: All out for 126 on first day. If we can take a bucket of wickets today is there a chance Middlesex could be deducted a load of points?

Looks like a plan .... six Middlesex wickets down for 60 runs....
Could do with breaking this partnership.
Proud to be a Bear
Ok.... I'll sort that for you....
Having a look at Sidebottom's record for the seconds, you can understand why he was picked and as if to justify his selection.......
I'd be interested in feedback from those who are there on:
  • the pitch
  • Ryan Sidebottom's bowling - and is his hair better than his namesake's?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Well, that's a good comeback. Shame about the big partnership but at least we didn't let their tail hang around. Is this pitch not a typical Lord's road then, or are both sides just that bad? 4 overs left in the day to see out...
Proud to be a Bear
Twitter comments suggest it's a green top. Might get easier for batting?
Dismissing Franklin gave Jeetan his 700th first-class wicket.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Just the 20 wickets in the day then. Will a lead of 250 be enough?
Proud to be a Bear
Twenty wickets on the first day. I do hope the umpires report the pitch, deduct 20 points off Middlesex and then we go on to win. Survival is what matters!!

Great stat you found there regards Jeet - sounds like you are on the mend,Terry - not a single wheeze in your comment Tongue
LE - aka John