Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Northants
CDG & Elliot went for nothing in about 4 overs and Northants sleepwalked into a poor position.

Thomason bowled brilliantly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Measham Bear's post:
Warleybear
Well how on earth did that happen, apart from having the best overseas player we have ever had to bowl completely brilliantly yet again. Well done to the young 'un Thomason who seems to be an 'Up and at 'em' type of player and we need them at this moment. That is a brilliant comeback as at the halfway stage we looked doomed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Harborne Bear
(01-08-2017, 09:22 PM)Measham Bear Wrote: CDG & Elliot went for nothing in about 4 overs and Northants sleepwalked into a poor position.

Thomason bowled brilliantly

Fair play to the kid, well bowled under plenty of pressure.
We were doomed with 6 overs to go...........we finished the game brilliantly and they finished it poorly.

We will take that though.
Well I said earlier it was well paced ;-)

.... although I thought it was lost until the last two overs.

Excellent game.... thrilling. Looking forward to Friday.....

Oh.... and that I believe puts us top of our league. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Harborne Bear
BBC WM interview with Aaron after the game https://audioboom.com/posts/6163037-aaro...to-be-fair

Also, with Ian Bell https://audioboom.com/posts/6163025-ian-...versed&t=0
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Bringing Rankin back for a third over almost cost us the game. Needed Jeets and Thomason to bring us back in to the game. Brilliant last over. But with Elliot and Barker not bowling out just why Rankin bowled more than 1 over beats me.

A great game and there looks to be a great spirit on the field - bring on the Pears.
LE - aka John
Great win in the end. Good to win the game, but it did highlight some serious flaws for us during the powerplay.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Thomason's match-winning moment probably wasn't that final delivery but when he had two goes at running out Zaib and failed.  Keeping Zaib in for a few balls more and keeping Kleinveldt on the bench proved quite crucial.
As for the power play overs, it looked to me as if that was the one time when there was a bit of movement and life in the pitch, making batting more difficult than it was for the rest of the game.  But all the same, I think that Ian Bell will feel disappointed with his batting.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Always pays to wait until the end before posting on a T20! Biggrin

Enjoyed the game - first time at Wantage Rd since a rain-affected B&H game around 1997.

Bell looks a little one-paced now compared to the young guns. Perhaps worth him dropping down the order or even handing the T20 captaincy to Hain?

Rankin disappointing again. Always feel we should get more from him than we actually do. If we can develop Panayi, get Stone fit and bring in A.N Other perhaps it's time we let him seek pastures new.

All in all though very positive. Looks like Ashley's influence is taking good effect. It will still take a miracle to keep us in D1 but I certainly feel more hopeful than I did a month ago.
(02-08-2017, 12:21 PM)DaveC Wrote: Always pays to wait until the end before posting on a T20! Biggrin

Enjoyed the game - first time at Wantage Rd since a rain-affected B&H game around 1997.

Bell looks a little one-paced now compared to the young guns. Perhaps worth him dropping down the order or even handing the T20 captaincy to Hain?

Rankin disappointing again. Always feel we should get more from him than we actually do. If we can develop Panayi, get Stone fit and bring in A.N Other perhaps it's time we let him seek pastures new.

All in all though very positive. Looks like Ashley's influence is taking good effect. It will still take a miracle to keep us in D1 but I certainly feel more hopeful than I did a month ago.

Don't forget that Will Rhodes will be in the squad next season.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(02-08-2017, 01:36 PM)Terry Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 12:21 PM)DaveC Wrote: Always pays to wait until the end before posting on a T20! Biggrin

And POSSIBLY Dominic Sibley - though there are a few others after him.  Knowing our luck trying to recruit batsmen recently (with the exception of Hose), unfortunately he probably will go elsewhere.
(02-08-2017, 01:57 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 01:36 PM)Terry Wrote:

And POSSIBLY Dominic Sibley - though there are a few others after him.  Knowing our luck trying to recruit batsmen recently (with the exception of Hose), unfortunately he probably will go elsewhere.

Blimey we DID get him.  Things are on the up for the Bears ?!
Yep with promise, performance permitting, that he'll be in the top three in all formats. More good business. Things looking up
Paul fondled my onion bags.