Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Lancs
Fingers crossed on the weather.... I think we have the four seasons forecast this afternoon.

We need to keep them to around 150....
I cant stand Lancs...............I mean REALLY cant stand them.

They always seem to sneak past us with something from someone..............and now Butler has bashed an 80.

WM are talking as though they have scored 200 plus. If we want to progress, we have to be able to chase this down at home.

We need to be careful at the start and not go gung-ho and this is do-able.
I know... Ive had some very dark moments watching Lancs play us... good innings from Butler.

This is going to end up totally s€xy or totally $h1t€....
Why cant we pace an innings?

We are chasing after boundaries from every ball..........just no need for this.
Good third wicket partnership so far.... 115 from 80 balls with 8 wickets left..... hmmm..... nail biteing time as no time for chips ;-)
Thrilling stuff... but rain around .....
Yes :-)

Excellent afternoon out....
An excellent debut from Adam Hose, but overall a very good all round team performance, & great to see the younger players been given a chance & making key contributions to the victory.

The transformation and renewal of the team is gathering pace, and giving much improved performances.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
[-] The following 3 users Like The Good Mugabe's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul, Warleybear
Phew!

Good stuff.

We have contributions coming in from different parts of the team ATM which is exactly what is needed.

We are being brave with the bat and it is paying off.
[-] The following 2 users Like Measham Bear's post:
paulbear, Warleybear
Exactly Measham Bear, 'brave with the bat' instead of the usual way when we have lost games in this competition, by treating some bowlers with too much respect and patting it about when we could be taking the initiative. Love the way Hose just got stuck in straight way. In past games v Lancs, we have given Parry too much respect instead of seeing what he might do if we get after him a bit and it paid off. I do wish someone would hit the ball towards that plonker with the microphone, he was there again with his predicted score because another idiot puts a predicted score on the scoreboard. Had to laugh when our predicted score was set to be 190 - someone should have a word and mention that it would never get there as we would stop once it got past their 174.
Super reading of the young 'uns and newcomers really making a difference. I do hope this can be taken to the CC as well so we can have a really good second half to the season
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
Paul, The Good Mugabe
Commiserations to the girls who just missed out to Lancashire in their T20 tournament,let's hope they can re group & win the50over competition, they are5from5&their final 2games take place over the bank holiday weekend, Yorkshire away on the 27th,Lancashire @home next day,unfortunately I am in Manchester but they would appreciate some support & deserve it too, Warleybear, Paul Davies? , regular visitors to Portland Rd get yourselves down
(30-07-2017, 10:45 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Commiserations to the girls who just missed out to Lancashire in their T20 tournament,let's hope they can re group & win the50over competition, they are5from5&their final 2games take place over the bank holiday weekend, Yorkshire away on the 27th,Lancashire @home next day,unfortunately I am in Manchester but they would appreciate some support & deserve it too, Warleybear, Paul Davies? , regular visitors to Portland Rd get yourselves down

I would kindly ask you not to mention other members of this forum by their real names only their username unless they give you permission to do so.  It can cause offence. I got in trouble before doing it on the official site.