Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sibley for Clarke?
They got the better of the deal
(19-09-2017, 09:28 PM)narsty simon Wrote: They got the better of the deal

But for how long?
LE - aka John
Sibley playing mug's league cricket next year, Clarke aint
(19-09-2017, 11:00 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Sibley playing mug's league cricket next year, Clarke aint

And the year after?
Proud to be a Bear
Who knows?, let's take 1 year@a time
(20-09-2017, 08:20 AM)narsty simon Wrote: Who knows?, let's take 1 year@a time

I was meaning that Clarke will probably be retired the season after, whereas Sibley won't (all being well)!
Proud to be a Bear
Is Sibley an opener? I ask that not having seen him bat and looking at the stats he is not making any impression ( having said that hardly anyone else is!).
LE - aka John
The jury's out, so far not convinced, Banks is the best of the youngsters /newcomers
Would like to see how he performs next season with him bedded in and having, hopefully, spent the winter with a recognised batting coach instead of our groundsman.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile
Sibley is 14 years younger. We have invested in the future. Clarke was one of the ageing players in the squad. Giles did the right thing. Sibley showed some fight when he was clearly out of form in the first innings against Essex. That's the type of thing that makes me thing he will come good.

50 for Rikki today !
LE - aka John
(21-09-2017, 09:28 AM)Lilly Wrote: Would like to see how he performs next season with him bedded in and having, hopefully, spent the winter with a recognised batting coach instead of our groundsman.

Our groundsman had probably the best technique out of all of our batsman. I don't know how good a coach he is but the problems came well before he joined the coaching staff.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
narsty simon
(22-09-2017, 10:25 AM)Paul Wrote:
(21-09-2017, 09:28 AM)Lilly Wrote: Would like to see how he performs next season with him bedded in and having, hopefully, spent the winter with a recognised batting coach instead of our groundsman.

Our groundsman had probably the best technique out of all of our batsman. I don't know how good a coach he is but the problems came well before he joined the coaching staff.

I'm not sure we had a batting coach before Frost joined the coaching staff.
LE - aka John
We didn't, not for a good while in any event.

The bowling deterioration is the main concern for me, but it would be nice to finally bring someone in who can sort our batting out. Either way the current coaching set up clearly is not working and someone (Ashley) needs to have the bottle to say thanks but no thanks to friends and former teammates.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile
Rikki off to Hong Kong:
https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/clarke...ong-sixes/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/