Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears v Yorkshire Vikings
Just something else yet again to add to Leicestershire's abysmal behavioural record. He is a total moron from what I have seen of him and there are plenty of people who would think this also. Do the umpires ever note down this sort of thing - If so they will begin to see a pattern. Sounds similar to when Mudassar Nasar used to get through his spell of bowling for Pakistan in O.D.I's and then go off injured for the rest of the fielding stint and surprise, surprise some spring chicken would come onto the field to run around like a mad ****** for the rest of the oppositions innings.
(22-07-2017, 05:45 PM)stingray Wrote:
(22-07-2017, 05:08 PM)Malc Wrote:
(22-07-2017, 04:30 PM)stingray Wrote:
(22-07-2017, 01:03 PM)The Red Baron Wrote: Re the Surrey v Middlesex game, if you play a T20 on a pitch like that then that's what you'll get. Low scores and little big-hitting outside the Power Play.

Re the Durham game, like the Bears they clearly hadn't done their homework on Leicestershire. The game plan was identical to last Sunday with similar results.

As for the Bears, not for the first time this season, I despair. After a decent effort against Notts we have fallen away. I did think we might be competitive in this format but last night's effort suggests I'm wrong.

Was there anyone else who like me thought Leicestershire's Cosgrave going off 'injured' last week shortly into the Bears batting was a disgrace. He's done this before and it allows a fit athletic young substitute onto the field, i.e., everything he isn't.

He did it at New Road a couple of days before our game and he did it earlier this week at Durham. Poor attitude

It's cheating and should be reported to the ECB.

T20 is corrupt,look@the ipl!!
Hope posting right place One for locals what is the chance for Fridays 28/7 play BBC forecasting rain?
(27-07-2017, 12:11 PM)Llanbranch Wrote: Hope posting right place One for locals what is the chance for Fridays 28/7 play BBC forecasting rain?

This is one for our weather expert Exiled Bear to answer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
Leicester Exile
Agreed.
The BBC seems to have rain coming in at just the wrong time
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Hmm, I'm not incredibly hopeful, but the rain that arrives is likely to be reasonably patchy at first at least so there's a chance that we could get away with it. Also, the exact timing of rain events such as these can be difficult - it only needs to be a couple of hours later and that would be fine. I'd say that currently I'd give it a 25% chance of there being a result, but that could change tomorrow!
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
Paul
(27-07-2017, 02:42 PM)Terry Wrote: Agreed.

Yes I blame the BBC for the weather we are having. You would think they would get the rain to come at the right time to keep the licence payers happy.
LE - aka John
(27-07-2017, 07:44 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(27-07-2017, 02:42 PM)Terry Wrote: Agreed.

Yes I blame the BBC for the weather we are having. You would think they would get the rain to come at the right time to keep the licence payers happy.

It's just typical of their lack of support for cricket
Looking at the situation now, I'm not too hopeful.
Proud to be a Bear
This will be controversial but can't help being in the smug zone, had they played proper cricket today we may well have seen a full days play but the ecb in their infinite wisdom chose to put the game on hold in favour of the t20slog, Haha!, disrespect real cricket @your peril!, hopefully we will have good weather for the climax of the season in September & another exciting finish
So we get rained off and climb above Leics who lost a T7 game last night. Playing a game over 7 overs can only be described as a slog
LE - aka John
The weather was all the fault of the BBC. They predicted it - HOW DID THEY KNOW. THEY MUST BE MAJOR DEMONS
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Leicester Exile
What should concern us all is that the BBC predicted the weather yet did nothing about it! Rather than invent and deploy a weather shield, they prefer to spend our license fees on Gary Lineker's salary. Honestly, you couldn't make it up!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Leicester Exile
Could be another abandonment tomorrow
(29-07-2017, 10:00 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: What should concern us all is that the BBC predicted the weather yet did nothing about it! Rather than invent and deploy a weather shield, they prefer to spend our license fees on Gary Lineker's salary. Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

Agreed.  It's all a plot.
When did Strictly Come Dancing ever get rained off?
When Rachel Riley got knocked out, it rained inside my heart for a long time. BOO HOO!
And they still seem to show endless variations of Fanny Craddock without ever being affected by the weather
LE - aka John
(28-07-2017, 10:55 PM)narsty simon Wrote: This will be controversial but can't help being in the smug zone, had they played proper cricket today we may well have seen a full days play but the ecb in their infinite wisdom chose to put the game on hold in favour of the t20slog, Haha!, disrespect real cricket @your peril!, hopefully we will have good weather for the climax of the season in September & another exciting finish

You can understand why cricket has a number of problems when you read posts like this. The abandonment of any game isnt good for the fans who bought tickets and planed to go... whatever the format.
So they use it again or get a full refund, where's the problem?
People look forward to attending a match... plan travel... actually travel.... take time off.... even sit in a ground for hours waiting. Any match that is abandoned in any form of the game is a shame IMHO.....