Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears vs Foxes
Good comeback after an awful start with Ronchi blasting away. Not sure whose idea OHD opening the bowling was, but it didn't work
Paul fondled my onion bags.
123-6,need to keep them below 160 i reckon.We could struggle to reach more than that.
Well on top of them here and continuing to take wickets.

Found it a bit odd that Elliott has been our best bowler again and only got the 3 overs.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Not looking good - need Grandhomme to be the Big Man now
LE - aka John
That is one of the most uninspiring run chases you could wish to see. Never mind them going on about it being a slow wicket as they kept saying on Radio WM as I got in my car to go home. Again we can't seem to hit bowling from some of the most ordinary nonentities I have seen in county cricket. All the international experience we have just counts for nothing. It wasn't just lack of boundaries but not even getting many 2's and 3's on such a large outfield was pathetic. From what I have seen this afternoon, we have absolutely nothing to look forward to now for the rest of the season. What a waste of an afternoon just like Friday was, racing to get there from work to get somewhere to park to watch us lose to total garbage that makes us look exactly the same.
Very poor chase. It's pretty clear that unless Bell and / or Hain get us off to a flyer we're going to struggle to get a competitive score. Not enough firepower down the order. At least CDG looked a bit more like a cricketer today but I'm not optimistic that we are going to win too many games.
Disappointed all round today. Stayed to watch the women in the much promoted double header. Pretty much all the food and drinks shut down, then got locked in the bogs during the interval.

It's like they don't want you to spend money or even be there.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
(16-07-2017, 07:28 PM)Bloomy Wrote: Disappointed all round today. Stayed to watch the women in the much promoted double header. Pretty much all the food and drinks shut down, then got locked in the bogs during the interval.

It's like they don't want you to spend money or even be there.

Are you posting from the bogs or did you manage to escape?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
It does look like a very disappointing run chase.
I went to Cheltenham today for the Gloucs v  Sussex T20.  Laurie Evans looked very out of form - 9 off 16 balls. And then, as if to punish me for not making the extra effort to get to Edgbaston, from nowhere the clouds gathered, the rain poured down and the match was abandoned at half-way.
If you are in 'The Bogs' at least if you are still there you can 'Go' or have a wash but give up shouting as no one will hear you until morning. Not a very good advert for staying to support the Women cricketers is it.
If only it would rain when it's our turn to bat. We wouldn't then have to sit and watch a 'Pansy' performance like that. It isn't just trying to get behind our players when they are playing like this, it's having to leave early to find somewhere to park and then putting up with morons who do not even seem to any interest in the game. The amount of idiots I see between 8-16 who have their back to the game the whole time is astonishing. Why bother.
Another 2 painfull defeats witnessed whilst back over here. That's 8 out of 8 including the RLC earlier in the season. Back home tomorrow. Reluctantly, I think that's me done for this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerteventura Bear's post:
paulbear
Forgot to mention security tried to confiscate a stainless steel vacuum flask water bottle that was on my person. As it was a £30 flask I took it back to the car.
(16-07-2017, 06:02 PM)paulbear Wrote: That is one of the most uninspiring run chases you could wish to see. Never mind them going on about it being a slow wicket as they kept saying on Radio WM as I got in my car to go home. Again we can't seem to hit bowling from some of the most ordinary nonentities I have seen in county cricket. All the international experience we have just counts for nothing. It wasn't just lack of boundaries but not even getting many 2's and 3's on such a large outfield was pathetic. From what I have seen this afternoon, we have absolutely nothing to look forward to now for the rest of the season. What a waste of an afternoon just like Friday was, racing to get there from work to get somewhere to park to watch us lose to total garbage that makes us look exactly the same.

Wouldn't write the season off yet, despite the 2defeats the girls ate still on course.to win 2 trophies
Fuerteventura Bear - I feel for you mate. Not nice to only watch a few games and those that you do see are really poor performances. I used to hate it in the bad days of the 1980's and before I learned to drive, I used to catch 2 buses on my rare visits to Edgbaston and you wouldn't mind the journey back if you'd seen a good performance but when you see something uninspiring, it is very demoralising.
(17-07-2017, 06:07 PM)paulbear Wrote: Fuerteventura Bear - I feel for you mate. Not nice to only watch a few games and those that you do see are really poor performances. I used to hate it in the bad days of the 1980's and before I learned to drive, I used to catch 2 buses on my rare visits to Edgbaston and you wouldn't mind the journey back if you'd seen a good performance but when you see something uninspiring, it is very demoralising.

And being a Villain as well.............................. Biggrin
LE - aka John
Has Warleybear realised 2of the 'triumvirate' have beaten Birmingham & indeed Leicestershire are3from3despite being bottom of the mug's league more proof surely that proper cricket is more skillfull
[-] The following 3 users Like narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul, paulbear
I'm doing my best to feel sorry for someone who lives on the island paradise of Fuertoventura.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Paul
(18-07-2017, 07:26 AM)narsty simon Wrote: Has Warleybear realised 2of the 'triumvirate' have beaten Birmingham & indeed Leicestershire are3from3despite being bottom of the mug's league more proof surely that proper cricket is more skillfull

It really proves that anybody can do well in t20. I used to like it in the beginning but its lost its novelty value. yes its brought some new shots and raised scoring rates in other formats but its also had a negative effect on test cricket. Its not played much at international level apart from world cups

[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
narsty simon
(18-07-2017, 09:57 AM)Terry Wrote: I'm doing my best to feel sorry for someone who lives on the island paradise of Fuertoventura.
Fair point. I'll shut up ;-)