Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapids v Bears
Team news for tomorrow's opening T20 match at Worcester:
http://birminghambears.com/news/squad-wo...last-2017/
It will be interesting to see if Olly Stone makes the final eleven.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Great to see Ed Pollock in the squad, he's a really exciting player, who has scored big runs for Herefordshire, & has first class experience at Durham Uni.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Come on Worcestershire make sure you destroy birmingham !!
(06-07-2017, 11:12 PM)braddy Wrote: Come on Worcestershire make sure you destroy birmingham !!
And why exactly would you want that to happen if you're a Warwickshire member/supporter? This is a Bears forum.
(07-07-2017, 07:43 AM)stingray Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 11:12 PM)braddy Wrote: Come on Worcestershire make sure you destroy birmingham !!
And why exactly would you want that to happen if you're a Warwickshire member/supporter? This is a Bears forum.

Probaby not a Birmingham fan
Perhaps he's a Warwickshire supporter and apposes the Birmingham name being imposed upon the club
LE - aka John
(07-07-2017, 04:29 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Perhaps he's a Warwickshire supporter and apposes the Birmingham name being imposed upon the club

Still the same players. Ridiculous.
(07-07-2017, 04:38 PM)stingray Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 04:29 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Perhaps he's a Warwickshire supporter and apposes the Birmingham name being imposed upon the club

Exactly. It's not as if it's a city franchise. I don't like it but I still support the team!
Proud to be a Bear
Yes, the supporters were not consulted on the ******* stupid name and we are stuck with it but it is still Warwickshire and that is the name I always shout out.
Was very surprised to see O H-D in the side for this game and we have obviously not learned a thing from his RL Cup exploits as he has just gone for 21 in an over and it looks like a good start here could be wrecked in no time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Leicester Exile
Hanon-Dalby again............cannot think of a less effective player that the Bears have ever had.

He may as well wear an opposition shirt, he gives so many runs away.
(07-07-2017, 04:38 PM)stingray Wrote:

Totally agree - just looking for a reason for what appears an offensive comment.
LE - aka John
(07-07-2017, 06:44 PM)Measham Bear Wrote: Hanon-Dalby again............cannot think of a less effective player that the Bears have ever had.

He may as well wear an opposition shirt, he gives so many runs away.

Perhaps he goes under the name of Braddy Tongue
LE - aka John
Looks like Rikki was the Big Man along with Jeets, of course.
LE - aka John
Good start to the T20 campaign and really good to see Bell carry his bat.

Pity we don't get opening partnerships like this in the CC !!
LE - aka John
I found more to write about on the periphery of the game:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/07/bell-a...worcester/
To be fair to OH-D, he came back well with three wickets in the final over,
I'm  not sure what Josh Poysden and Ateeq Javid have to do to get a game.  I hope they don't have to move counties to play regularly.
Good to see Olly Stone bowling quickly.  And the bowling attack being shared by two Olivers is probably a first.

I hate the PLC inspired "Birmingham Bears" name with a passion, but deep down they are Warwickshire (at the moment anyway) so I am desperate for them to do well .......... come on you Bears.
Okay... I know Im probably one of very few who likes the four day game and T20 .... Indeed... I love the name Birmingham bears.... it helps fund the four day game that I also love.... those who seem to hate T20 and the name Birmingham Bears better be careful what they wish for..... the finances of the club are such that talking down its team and its T20 supporters could mean that WCCC spend a long time in the wilderness... division 2 or worse.... T20 revenue is critical as is any relationship with the council....

Perhaps not politically correct.... but any so called supporter of the club who wants Warwickshire or Birmingham Bears to loose is not a supporter and should folk off.

Anyway.. A good spanking of Worcestershire last night :-)

Come on U Bears.....
(07-07-2017, 11:08 PM)Terry Wrote: I found more to write about on the periphery of the game:
I'm  not sure what Josh Poysden and Ateeq Javid have to do to get a game.  I hope they don't have to move counties to play regularly.
Good to see Olly Stone bowling quickly.  And the bowling attack being shared by two Olivers is probably a first.

Good report Terry. Although I do worry that OHD will be taken to the cleaners by Hales, Lumb, Wessels, Patel et al this evening.

You do of course realise I'm sure that Dave "Bradders" Bradley's announcements are spoofs and are all part and parcel of the entertainment at New Rd one-day games now?

At the RLC50 SF v Surrey he ploughed a similar furrow with a vehicle owner whose Range Rover had been parked minus it's handbrake. This played out over the course of the day and had everyone in stitches. So much better than the shrieking hysterics from the PA man at Edgbaston that we'll have to endure over the next month.

And WB - I for one would be happy to see the "relationship" between Birmingham City Council and Warwickshire well and truly shattered. The city had no business lending us that kind of money. If we could not have raised that kind of money in the proper commercial manner then the redevelopment should have been scaled back.

It's that kind of mismanagement of public finances that see us BCC council taxpayers yet again enjoying our rubbish piling high in the streets whilst the binmen walk out every day for a couple of hours.
(08-07-2017, 05:04 PM)DaveC Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 11:08 PM)Terry Wrote: I found more to write about on the periphery of the game:

Good report Terry. Although I do worry that OHD will be taken to the cleaners by Hales, Lumb, Wessels, Patel et al this evening.

You do of course realise I'm sure that Dave "Bradders" Bradley's announcements are spoofs and are all part and parcel of the entertainment at New Rd one-day games now?

At the RLC50 SF v Surrey he ploughed a similar furrow with a vehicle owner whose Range Rover had been parked minus it's handbrake. This played out over the course of the day and had everyone in stitches. So much better than the shrieking hysterics from the PA man at Edgbaston that we'll have to endure over the next month.

And WB - I for one would be happy to see the "relationship" between Birmingham City Council and Warwickshire well and truly shattered. The city had no business lending us that kind of money. If we could not have raised that kind of money in the proper commercial manner then the redevelopment should have been scaled back.

It's that kind of mismanagement of public finances that see us BCC council taxpayers yet again enjoying our rubbish piling high in the streets whilst the binmen walk out every day for a couple of hours.

In this era of "alternative facts", I think that sometimes entertainment can come before truth.  I was at Worcester for the RLODC game and heard the handbrake story.  I agree that this style of announcements makes a welcome change.