Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesex at Edgbaston
Championship Batting & Bowling figures including the current game

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/county-cha...tournament
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
I was thinking a couple of wickets tonight would be good, but now we already have 2, I want more!
Terrible bowling from Rankin...........we do not have runs to play with and Malan will keep putting it over the rope.
Was there today. Trotty was superb and I was gutted he didn't get his ton. Hain was same as in the first innings- looked a million dollars then out to a loose shot. Ambrose gave the innings some real impetus. Still would have liked to see 250-260 on the board.

Two wickets was a bonus but I suspect the first hour will be decisive. Expect Barker, Clarke and Patel to have to do a lot of bowling. Panayi and Rankin have bowled too many buffet balls in this match (given how well Higgins did a job for them Trotty could have a part to play.)

Better performance overall in this match but still carrying deadwood. Porterfield makes me wish Westy had managed a couple more weeks and Rankin should go with him.
Seems like there's blood in the water here. Middlesex have a long tail so a couple of early wickets could see us through to a first win of the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
Paul
The morning session tomorrow is crucial for so many reasons....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Paul
Come on you Bears, get us back in with a hope of survival
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Why is Boyd so disappointing. With his height, he should be causing all sorts of problems even if the ball is not bouncing much. From what I have been hearing, the ball is keeping low and from the height he can deliver the ball, anything straight that keeps low should be a handful. I wish he would get nasty and get in the batsman's face a bit more and let him know he is in for a rough time but he never does. This is the best chance we have had all season of winning a CC game and I would hate for us to lose because we definitely would be looking forward to Glamorgan, Leics, Derby....
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Leicester Exile
A good effort from the lads today,they really came out fighting and Barker and Clarke were excellent.I would give Boyd another go tomorrow-he is erratic but has genuine pace and could knock a few over especially as the pitch still has some life in it.
On another matter,am i right to feel a bit annoyed when someone walks by in front of you just as the bowler is about to bowl so blocking your vision or is it normal practice these days?
Anyway,we can win this and finish the season strongly-the team will give it their all i am sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pete60's post:
narsty simon
(05-07-2017, 10:36 PM)Pete60 Wrote: A good effort from the lads today,they really came out fighting and Barker and Clarke were excellent.I would give Boyd another go tomorrow-he is erratic but has genuine pace and could knock a few over especially as the pitch still has some life in it.
On another matter,am i right to feel a bit annoyed when someone walks by in front of you just as the bowler is about to bowl so blocking your vision or is it normal practice these days?
Anyway,we can win this and finish the season strongly-the team will give it their all i am sure.

You are absolutely right to be annoyed - cricket etiquette or just plain consideration is fast disappearing. Possibly worse is in the past year at the symphony hall, at concerts we have had to put up with a constant stream of people going to the bar IN THE MIDDLE OF SONGS. Never happened until recently. Unbelievable. That's my rant for the day!
Absolutely agree about modern day (lack of) manners. outdoor events and in the streets groups of people walk towards you making no attempt to make room for you to pass.

I blame the BBC.

8 more wickets before 3pm will do very nicely.
LE - aka John
I think the first hour today will define the match - and possibly our season.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 2 users Like Exiled Bear's post:
Leicester Exile, Paul
It could be that manners are deteriorating or that we are all getting grumpy as we get older - or both
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(06-07-2017, 10:02 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Absolutely agree about modern day (lack of) manners. outdoor events and in the streets groups of people walk towards you making no attempt to make room for you to pass.

I blame the BBC.

8  more wickets before 3pm will do very nicely.

and I thought that was just me. I don't think its just down to rudeness or more a case of people being unaware of whats around them.  The modern world of smart phones, smart watches, Bluetooth. Many are just not focusing on whats around them. Some I agree just do it deliberaretely and if you dared walk into them they would blame you. 

I don't know the world is all different now.. People think they have the right to park their cars right in front our drive and ignore you when you say something or claim they cant speak English.

Got to question why Panayi has come on ahead of Patel..? Going at over 5 an over, we haven't got many runs to play with.
Proud to be a Bear
Strange one

I take it back haha, he's just got Stirling out.
Proud to be a Bear
Well I was hoping for two wickets in the first hour, and that's what we got. Is it greedy to ask for another two before lunch?
Proud to be a Bear
No we need at least another one before lunch

Looking at the bowling figures Rankin needs to spend the afternoon fielding on the boundary. Not many runs required and still 5 wickets to get.
LE - aka John