Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire at Edgbaston
(27-06-2017, 08:20 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Is no-one going to stay with Umeed?

I fear not..... but hey LE.... we have a batting point and are currently the only first division match in play....

197 runs in 86 overs so far today.....
A gritty days batting but a century for Umeed. Well done young man
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(27-06-2017, 09:16 PM)Lilly Wrote: A gritty days batting but a century for Umeed. Well done young man

Great to see, as a team we have competed for two successive days and tremendous credit to Umeed for showing such grit and determination, we must all feel a little happier tonight .......... let's not dwell on the failures and negatives, let's take the positives.
Bravo Umeed. Certainly not champagne cricket, but he does seem to have fighting spirit. I wonder whether we can eke out a small lead here, and put Lancs under pressure.
Will this match be the turning point - I hope so. So many positives to take from these two days especially Umeed's unbeaten century. Just need to bat on tomorrow afternoon (nearly said morning) and keep those rain clouds away.
LE - aka John
Halfway through an intriguing& thoroughly enjoyable game, a great final session from the bears, a battling century from Andy Umeed & what a competitor Jeetan Patel is
(27-06-2017, 09:50 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Halfway through an intriguing& thoroughly enjoyable game, a great final session from the bears, a battling century from Andy Umeed & what a competitor Jeetan Patel is

Completely agree. A proper game of county cricket - just hope the rain forecast tomorrow doesn't spoil it. So pleased for Andy and the support from ultra professional Jeets can't be underestimated. Cracking day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
South Coast Bear
Just got back. How great to see a player get bogged down and instead of trying to thump his way out of the situation which is the macho 21st century way, he battles through using the old tried and tested, "If I am in the pavilion, I can't score runs and as long as I am still here I will fight my way through..". Sheer willpower and determination. If a player who has struggled since his debut can make a superb contribution, then others should look at the example that Umeed has given and try and be inspired by it. It is a level match now and really engrossing to watch. Would love to know what Anderson was saying out there - Lots of chuntering and moaning I would imagine. Great fight from Jeetan but then again we are so used to it over the years.
I agree with all the above - a fascinating day's cricket and well done to Andy Umeed.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Excellent match so far... have so enjoyed it. Totally intreagueing... love the evening with the lights and pink ball. Congrats Umeed and well done Jeets....
I would love to see Jeets given the captaincy, his spirit encapsulates all that we should be about and have been lacking this season
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Bald Reynard
(27-06-2017, 03:36 PM)stingray Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:28 PM)Lilly Wrote: When I saw we were two down I was hoping it was Umeed who seems stuck at the crease currently.

Who actually said Trott has been woeful, out of interest? For me he's been the only batsman emerging with any credit

RayB - then said he was referring to the batting unit which includes Trott. Either way, very misplaced comment about easily our best and most consistent batsman. Pah!

When and where have I ever have I ever used the the word "woefuli" to discribe Jonathan Trott (who I happen to think has been, and still is, an exemplary and vital member of WCCC, but that's beside the point) or in fact "the batting unit as a whole" as you claim? Pah! ??
Alternative facts.
Just demonstrating that we are up with the latest trends.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
(28-06-2017, 03:21 AM)Rayb Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:28 PM)Lilly Wrote: When I saw we were two down I was hoping it was Umeed who seems stuck at the crease currently.

Who actually said Trott has been woeful, out of interest? For me he's been the only batsman emerging with any credit

RayB - then said he was referring to the batting unit which includes Trott. Either way, very misplaced comment about easily our best and most consistent batsman. Pah!

When and where have I ever have I ever used the the word "woefuli" to discribe Jonathan Trott (who I happen to think has been, and still is, an exemplary and vital member of WCCC, but that's beside the point) or in fact "the batting unit as a whole" as you claim? Pah! ??

(27-06-2017, 04:16 PM)stingray Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:38 PM)Lilly Wrote:

Hadn't seen that. Trott is certainly exempt from criticism for me, to be averaging over 45 in a side that have been frankly awful is an impressive effort.

My apologies to RayB, it was Paul Bear!
Proud to be a Bear
(27-06-2017, 11:50 PM)Lilly Wrote: I would love to see Jeets given the captaincy, his spirit encapsulates all that we should be about and have been lacking this season

Completely agree with you Lilly.  Jeets should get the Captaincy within the next couple of weeks - certainly before the T20.  To relieve Belly of his annus horibilis as a batsman and give us some passion and direction.
(28-06-2017, 09:57 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 11:50 PM)Lilly Wrote: I would love to see Jeets given the captaincy, his spirit encapsulates all that we should be about and have been lacking this season

Completely agree with you Lilly.  Jeets should get the Captaincy within the next couple of weeks - certainly before the T20.  To relieve Belly of his annus horibilis as a batsman and give us some passion and direction.

Luke Wright gave up the Sussex Captaincy last week, because it was affecting his batting form - and promptly got his first century of the season in the (current) match against Gloucester.  I'm sure Belly would return to something like his England form if he was wasn't worrying about Captaining the side !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bald Reynard's post:
narsty simon
Has Jeets captained before?
Might it impact his bowling (and batting)?
Now I don't want to promise anything but it looks like the bulk of the rain is staying to the north of Edgbaston at the minute so I'm reasonably hopeful that we'll get a decent amount of play in today.
Proud to be a Bear
(28-06-2017, 08:42 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote:
(28-06-2017, 03:21 AM)Rayb Wrote:

(27-06-2017, 04:16 PM)stingray Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:38 PM)Lilly Wrote:

Hadn't seen that. Trott is certainly exempt from criticism for me, to be averaging over 45 in a side that have been frankly awful is an impressive effort.

My apologies to RayB, it was Paul Bear!

Thank you.
To be honest I dont know what to say.... the Bears have a first innings lead.